ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you lower the tariff on a contract?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
My girlfriends been bought out of her contract by phones 4 u, she needs to lower her contract though, but she can't because phones 4 u haven't told her how, and i can't find it on the vodafone website, anyone able to assist?

I know you can't do it until after 9 months and she's only got like 3 months left on the contract so she can do it.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Can only downgrade it one price plan each month.

Ring 191 to speak to customers services. Be prepared to get offered a better deal from retentions.

Can you not do it without ringing them up? Ya i know you can only go down one price plan per month

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, just checked it says this -

We're making some big changes to our website. Whilst we're working on the site, you can't change your price plan online. If you want to check you're still getting the best deal, visit the Help Centre and contact us.

So you will have to call :) You will have fun when you cancel though, as Saves will do everthing they can to keep you. Phones4u always do this and it causes bother!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
She is still with vodafone, just on a new contract, and they have given her the money to pay off the rest of this contract by lowering the tariff each month.

Yeh, Phones4u promoting churn, you would of got a much better deal if you had take a new contract out with vodafone directly, even if we dont like doing it, its your choice, i imagine P4U advised the idea though ;)

But saves will still put up a fight :)

We as a company dont do "Cancel your current one and take out another one with a new number"

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Yes, but she still has 3-4 months left on the contract so she can't really ring you up. She only got a new 1 coz the phone was knackered and she didn't have insurance.