ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you make a cold air intake

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I want to get cold air through via the blanking plate near the foglight - what do I take off at the engine side to fit the pipe? and where can I get the right piping?

Cheers

Titanium 182

im after doing exactly the same thing!

i seen what weight had done to his had a look a mine 2nite and there loads of sh*t in the way!

i ripped all the liners out, so for me it was easy.

upto to yous what you do tho, as i might be changing mine slightly again

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by N.D.Hill on 09 October 2003

forget the blanking plate by the foglamp take out the lamp

I Like my lamps!

would like to know why cold air intakes are important, i thought air was air cold or not. i have made slight mod to my airbox and are lookin to add cool air to it at some point. but at the moment its works

(y)

BMW 320d Sport

The venerable Mr Hill is right. The hole next to the foglight, while OK as a brake duct (which AFAIK was their intended use back in the day for Group N etc) is no good as an air intake because of the convoluted route that the piperwork would have to follow to get into the engine bay. As you know, there is no easy way for the pipe to get up from the corner of the bumper into the engine bay apart from two routes - one is through the factory hole through the subframe where it hooks up to the bottom of the original airbox and the other is just below the engine fuse/relay box although this is rectangular. Neither are very accessible really from that little hole next to the foglight, you need to take the foglight out. If you want cold air for an open filter, forget it if youre not going to take the foglight out and use the entire area as a scoop. If you want cold air for an airbox then use the original Renault inlet tract going through the hole in the subframe and into the nearside wheel arch behind the foglight.

BTW The colder the air, the more oxygen it contains, hence the ECU can compensate for air temperature to allow extra fuelling when cold - more fuel and air= more power, simple as that.

You can also run something from the side of the radiator, through the grill. Although the radiator runs quite close, cut the plastic to allow a cold air scoop (take your pick of tubing), to direct to an air box or unduction kit. Seems to work well on mine, although the induction kit is still questionable over a pressurised airbox. N Hill does a kit that takes the best bits from each style.

Clio 172 cup

Yeah i second Nick on this the only way is to take the fog out and put a decent sized scoop in its place. the hole next to the fog is a waste of time, its just not big enough for the amount of air needed to flow into the pipe

i think as long as it face forward and you get rid of that pipe that gos upwards behind the bumper (crap) it will be much better. im gonna hve a go at mine when i take the bumper off for a coolant flush in a couple of days