ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you remove rear diamond?

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
I'm wanting to take out by rear diamond to get it painted and would just like to know does it just pull off like the front?

Also does it just have 3 pins on the back like the front does?
e.g. would a front diamond fit onto the back?

And lastly my Clio is a 2007 campus, so would a rear diamond from say a 2001 Clio still fit mine?

b/g 182, meg tourer
do a search for more details on how to do it.

basically...
-remove plastic on inside of boot lid
-remove the diamond surround from bootlid by undoing the bolts
-scrape away at the glue around the pins holding the diamond to the surround
-push diamond out of the surround

b/g 182, meg tourer
no, a front diamond would not fit the back.

if the campus has the same boot diamond surround... the 2001 model one will fit. i think all ph2's are the same surround and diamond

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
is that because they have different number of pins on the back?because i measured them the other day and they are both the same size.
IIRC they are both same on the back and front on the mk3 (which i persume you have? not the mk2ph2 as it wont fit)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i've ben told mine is a mk2 ph3 as the mk3 is the new shape modle
Then no, the front wont fit the back... its completely different(not just at the back).
Take it off and see for yourself you will see what were on about lol

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
right I've got the diamond and surround off, but i can't get the diamond out, i've prised the clips away and scraped around the edge of the diamond but it won't budge, and ideas? maybe stick it in the oven to melt the glue? lol