ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you remove the ariel?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Hi all just wondering if the ariel can be removed from my clio. Not the whole thing just the rod.

Only reason i want to cjange it is because somones already tried taking it off with a pair of pliers and left it all gouged.

Cheers

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I tryied removing mine the other day just to see how its done, got a CTR one coming in the post, i managed to just unscrew it with both hands, no glue on the thread from what i could see?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
well to much weetabix i think, it snapped.

So new problem how do you replace the ariel from the base?

BG 182 FF
can you still get some pliers on it m8?, stupid question but are you turning it the right way?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
its gone now through it to fcuk after it snapped, You got any idea how to replace the bottom bit of the ariel, you know the bit on the roof.

Cheers

Ian

Focus TDCi
Is the RT a mk2 ph2 or ph1? If it's ph1 then you can get to the base by taking out the interior light section. The light unclips at one end and then the entire plastic fascia pulls off if you release the clips on each side. The aerial is held on with a small bolt.

Edit: can't remember for sure, but I don't think the ph1 aerial unscrews from the base anyway, not that it's of any help at this stage.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Is the RT a mk2 ph2 or ph1? If it's ph1 then you can get to the base by taking out the interior light section. The light unclips at one end and then the entire plastic fascia pulls off if you release the clips on each side. The aerial is held on with a small bolt.

Edit: can't remember for sure, but I don't think the ph1 aerial unscrews from the base anyway, not that it's of any help at this stage.

Its a Ph1 mate, I poped the light out last night and had a quick look do you know if you have to take the whole surround bit out??

It's A Reno
Never heard of this happening tbh, maybe who ever put it on before used locktite or something?

The reason it happened is because the gouges in the aerial weren't caused by someone trying to get it off, but a previous owner screwing it in with all his might, so it didn't get nicked and fcuking it up so that the housing became the weakest link. Simples. :D

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Probably mate.

Any way while im at the scrappy getting another one which rear wipers will fit my car as there aint no clio ones left

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
The reason it happened is because the gouges in the aerial weren't caused by someone trying to get it off, but a previous owner screwing it in with all his might, so it didn't get nicked and fcuking it up so that the housing became the weakest link. Simples. :D

Lame and shame really :S

hope he gets it sorted soon!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Yeh scrappy is always damn cheap for little bits for this :)
If the cars are stacked i hope its on the top for you as otherwise you wont get to it with another car ontop.

Good luck Jame

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I managed to get a indicator stalk, and Cig lighter (dont smoke, just wanted a unused one in mine :)) for free ;)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Its a Ph1 mate, I poped the light out last night and had a quick look do you know if you have to take the whole surround bit out??

You need to take the entire surround off to get to the aerial. Once the light is out if you look into the hole you'll see several clips on each side of the surround holding it in place; once the are unclipped it should pull off and you'll see the aerial, which is just held on by a small nut.