ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how easy is it to fit different front seats?

clio 182
how easy/hard is it to fit different seats to a clio? I have seen type r seats or impreza seats and was wondering how much work is needed?

8174129421c7a97439e885296b5557f0.jpg

any help is appreciated thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Clio seats unbolt from under the car and are easy to remove. The problem with any seats like the ones in your pics are finding frames to make them fit a clio. If you have good welding skills and have access to angle grinders you could reuse the clio frames.

clio 182
Clio seats unbolt from under the car and are easy to remove. The problem with any seats like the ones in your pics are finding frames to make them fit a clio. If you have good welding skills and have access to angle grinders you could reuse the clio frames.
could I use runners of a subaru and bolt them through the floor?

alien green rs133
you will find the clio's floot pan is higher on one side, which makes retro fitting any seats a problem, also clio seats have airbags in them so if you swap them out your gonna have a light on the dash, a light that mr MOT man wont like, there is ways around all these issues but is it worth it?

btw i love my integra type R recaro trendlines, Retrofitted :rasp:

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Cheapest option is to sort of make your seats using the clio runners etc om the new seats

Relatively straightforward but a pain in the ass job

You can buy frames, but they are generally very expensive, if you can find ones for he seats in question

clio 182
you will find the clio's floot pan is higher on one side, which makes retro fitting any seats a problem, also clio seats have airbags in them so if you swap them out your gonna have a light on the dash, a light that mr MOT man wont like, there is ways around all these issues but is it worth it?

btw i love my integra type R recaro trendlines, Retrofitted :rasp:
a resistor would sort this out I'm guessing, like when using an aftermarket steering wheel!

clio 182
Cheapest option is to sort of make your seats using the clio runners etc om the new seats

Relatively straightforward but a pain in the ass job

You can buy frames, but they are generally very expensive, if you can find ones for he seats in question
so get someone to weld the seats onto original clio frames which would then go onto the original clip runners? guess I'll have to find myself someone who can weld then :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Yes buddy that's the way to do it, just need to check the dimensions of the seat your buying, to check they will physically fit into the clio

And yeah airbag is just a case of resistors

clio 182
Yes buddy that's the way to do it, just need to check the dimensions of the seat your buying, to check they will physically fit into the clio

And yeah airbag is just a case of resistors
perfect thanks for that! will get researching then not in any rush :) but thanks [emoji106]

clio 182
But you dont want to do that because clio frames are w**k because they are heavy and make you sit high up...
so could I get other seats and frames and bolt the frames through the floor? even if I have to drill new holes? or isn't that advisable