ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How hard is a diy respray?

Right heres the deal...

Im thinking of getting a bonnet scoop and bonding it but obviously its going to need a spray. Would I have to get it done professionally or can i DIY it ? Also would the same aply to color coding door handels and bump strips... what prices am i looking at if i can't diy it ?

thanks alot

R35 GTR
Right heres the deal...

Im thinking of getting a bonnet scoop and bonding it but obviously its going to need a spray. Would I have to get it done professionally or can i DIY it ? Also would the same aply to color coding door handels and bump strips... what prices am i looking at if i can't diy it ?

thanks alot
depends if you want to blend the bonnet into other panels or not. If not have a go at diy and see what happens.

lol well thanks fubar... that could be aranged , wouldnt look to bad on the side of my clio ... :S

lol serious though any good body shops in essex?

Punto/Clio GTT
door handles/door strips/bumper strips/boot locks/wing mirrors/*possibly* spoilers can all be done with aersolos. anything else needs being done with gun n compressor. bonnet can be done on your drive with a compressor n gun but be prepared for flys n other crap to land in it n need to be wet flatted out.

D

dick

dont bother, not worth the hastle for a quality finish.

plus u get a guarantee from a bodyshop

1.8 8v RSi
all deppends on how good u actually are....when i had my 106 i sprayed a front grill myself and front splitter both in same coloru as the car....colour matched nicely and finish wasnt perfect but for a first attempt it wasn't bad....as a guy up there said thou...be prepared to get crap flying on the paint... do it inside with windows open to avoid it(use new paper n open windows) but if its a quality finish you want them a bodyshop would be the best alternative...