ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adamm. Titanium 182

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So here I am back in a Clio again roughly 6 years after I sold my last and 12 years since I first owned one. I've had this itch probably for a few years now and trying to use the Focus for everything with 2 kids and sharing between me and the missus with all the after school stuff etc and putting 12k miles on it last year I decided it's enough and a second car is warranted so that gave me the perfect excuse to scratch this itch I've been having. Funnily enough before I commited to actually getting a second car I'd already spotted this on eBay and then 1 week later the Focus decided to spring a coolant leak and that was all the push I needed to go check it out.

Now onto the car itself sitting at 77k it actually fits the bill perfect for me as it'll be parked out on the street a complete minter would probably have me on edge non stop so rather than paying a premium for an immaculate car this example has had all the care under the bonnet everything is pretty much up to date and with a £2k bill from beaniesport in December there's a list of things I don't need to worry about right now.

With everything mechanical based on the car seeming to be good for a while (fingers crossed) I can turn my attention on tidying up just a few bits. It's not all bad but the list of things to do right now is..

Refurb the wheels or maybe get something else 15"
Straighten up the rear exhaust
Fit a front splitter
New cleaner number plates
Get a few little dings pulled
Decon wash and light polish (mini detail)

Before I stick up pictures of the new addition I think it'd be nice to stick a few snaps up of my past Clios.

First purchased in 2011 is my RB 182 Cup (funnily enough only £100 separates the price I paid for this and my new one).

DSCF4085-01.jpeg

Then I got my Iceberg Ph1 172 which was probably my favourite Clio to date.

IMG_0152-01.jpeg

Then back in an RB 182 Cup I should add if it wasn't obvious RB is my favourite colour for the Clio.

IMG_0436-01.jpeg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
And now my current Titanium 182 FF.

SmartSelect_20230418_210259_eBay-01.jpeg

SmartSelect_20230418_210230_eBay-01.jpeg

List of mods on this currently..
Eibach pro (changing to grams)
Scorpion exhaust
172 Turinis
White line rear anti roll bar
Poly bushed front anti roll bars
Ported and matched inlet
ITG panel air filter
DS2500 pads
Goodrich brake hoses.

Hopefully I didn't bore you too much by rambling on but I think I'll leave that there for now and keep updating with anything I do in the future. I'm a lazy fucker so expect progress to be slow and boring 😅

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
And now my current Titanium 182 FF.

View attachment 1641113

View attachment 1641112

List of mods on this currently..
Eibach pro (changing to grams)
Scorpion exhaust
172 Turinis
White line rear anti roll bar
Poly bushed front anti roll bars
Ported and matched inlet
ITG panel air filter
DS2500 pads
Goodrich brake hoses.

Hopefully I didn't bore you too much by rambling on but I think I'll leave that there for now and keep updating with anything I do in the future. I'm a lazy fucker so expect progress to be slow and boring 😅
Nice mate. I’ve got grams spring on my titanium 182 and they work brilliantly with the standard dampers.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
New car looks pukka mate!!! Will we be seeing it at CSF??

Cheers mate I'm not sure yet tbh. I'm not working at least so it's certainly a possibility this year.

Nice mate. I’ve got grams spring on my titanium 182 and they work brilliantly with the standard dampers.

Nice mate I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to get them on. The Eibach pro are great too don't get me wrong just not quite low enough for my liking especially if I'm considering 15" wheels.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate I'm not sure yet tbh. I'm not working at least so it's certainly a possibility this year.

Nice mate I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to get them on. The Eibach pro are great too don't get me wrong just not quite low enough for my liking especially if I'm considering 15" wheels.
To be fair mate I’ve recently put 15s on and I think I’d go a touch lower if I could. But can’t justify a new set of adjustable coilovers for the sake of 10/15mm. Check my progress thread if you want an idea.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Hope you can make it mate. Would be genuinely nice to meet you 👍

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair mate I’ve recently put 15s on and I think I’d go a touch lower if I could. But can’t justify a new set of adjustable coilovers for the sake of 10/15mm. Check my progress thread if you want an idea.

Yeah I was very close to getting B14's but I didn't buy the car with the intention to spank money on it so thought better of it. I'm going to drop it on the grams and then make my mind up either refurb these or get 15's.

I'll go check it out now as I've been searching for pictures with those mods all week lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gave the car a bit decontamination wash at the weekend steps included a quick rinse with Bilt hamber Surfex, followed by a bit of a bath in Bilt Hamber Korrosol washed off and then another bath with Valetpro tar and glue remover with a final wash with Carpro reset. I forgot the clay bar but after all that the paint feels really smooth. I never do a good enough job at getting before pictures but the difference is night and day just from that. It's really brought out some of the defects in the paintwork now but the polisher will come out another day for most of those.

20230430_073628.jpg

20230430_132528-01.jpeg

Had a flappy front section of arch liner so put up a bodge job for now. It's pretty solid so temporary to permanent fix not yet decided 🙈

20230430_115228.jpg

There's still some left where it meets the front bumper so I'll pop a screw in there once they arrive in the post as I need more for the splitter anyway.

I then swapped the front numberplate over for a new smaller one and fitted a fabia front splitter. These make a great difference to the front end just need to be careful not to piss off the police now 👀

20230430_122648-01.jpeg

20230501_010110.jpg

The state of the wheels is absolutely minging I'm not even going to bother cleaning them again. Hoping to get them refurbed in a few weeks but the wash really opened my eyes to how bad they are.

Some bits I'll get on soon is the windows have slight water staining going on so going to give it a go with some normal polish and pads but failing that I'll get some ceriglass ordered before putting a coat of G1 on them. Headlights will be getting a polish too as they're not too bad right now so best to get on it before it's too late. Bullets need to be looked at see if I can clean them up a bit better hopefully they'll clean up well with a bit more attention. Seatbelts need a clean the drivers one especially is filthy. Hopefully get all that done before any more updates.

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an update seen as I've clocked over 2k miles since buying now.. More than what it did for the past few years so at least the old Clio is getting some use again.

Had a few issues occur 1 being a misfire on cylinder 1 which I suspected to be injector seen as spark plugs were done in December. Decided I'd try the coilpack and leads first as they are cheaper and could probably do with a refresh anyway and it seems to have fixed it. I noticed a slight crack in the old coilpack housing too wether that was the cause I've no idea.

Also had a leak into the passenger footwells and under driver's seat. Luckily I spotted it before it got absolutely soaking but it turned out to be the pipe from the scuttle into the engine bay which was clogged with dirt. After giving it a good fingering it all gushed out so I'm thinking that was the likely cause. Now I've got the task of drying it out but for now I've dabbed it all with drying towels which soaked up the worst of it.

Wheels were refurbed a while back in a colour called sparkle anthracite tbh it's essentially just anthracite but I think it has a bit more of a flake to it. They were the biggest let down to the car though so glad that's sorted now. And I've also had it put onto grams springs as the prolines were just a little too high for my liking. Really happy with how the car sits now.

List of things to sort still is getting a dent man on a few small dents and cleaning up the seatbelts.

20230524_140945.jpg

20230524_124839.jpg

20230604_020349-01.jpeg

20230604_003926-01.jpeg

20230608_182357-01-01.jpeg

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Love your attention to detail cleaning your seat belts - they really do make a big difference when they come up nice 👌

I did mine as was really pleased too.

IMG_1991.jpeg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What’s happened??

Hoping to get the full run down tomorrow of what and how it happened but it's seeming like something in the engine has failed. Car cut out idling and wouldn't start again. Was hoping crank sensor but the garage have said it's not looking good so that pretty much ruled that out.

Shite way to start the new year car has seemed solid too put more miles on it than what it done in the last 3-4 years before passed MOT and service just a few weeks ago and the car was praised by the garage for being a lovely example and then this.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hoping to get the full run down tomorrow of what and how it happened but it's seeming like something in the engine has failed. Car cut out idling and wouldn't start again. Was hoping crank sensor but the garage have said it's not looking good so that pretty much ruled that out.

Ffs mate. Fingers crossed it can be saved 🤞

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Shite way to start the new year car has seemed solid too put more miles on it than what it done in the last 3-4 years before passed MOT and service just a few weeks ago and the car was praised by the garage for being a lovely example and then this.
Does it sound normal when it’s cranking over?

Or does it crank over really fast and sound a bit s**t?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Does it sound normal when it’s cranking over?

Or does it crank over really fast and sound a bit s**t?

At first it didn't even want to turn over almost like a dead battery but then eventually it was turning over like this. A few on here who are more clued up did suggest it didn't sound quite right. When RAC took air filter off you could hear a ting sound from throttle body when it was trying to turn over.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
That’s not dead. I’ve had perfectly good/running ones sound worse than that starting up. 😂

Haha honestly mate I don't know I left it in better hands than my own because I'm useless and this is all I got earlier. Spoke on phone briefly and he said he'd ring me back after more investigation. I'm on nights so was asleep all afternoon but will ring him again in morning and hopefully get to the bottom of it but by that message I'm guessing it's fucked something 🤷‍♂️

SmartSelect_20240103_142553_WhatsApp.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What's the diagnosis?

So I've not had the full run down yet but the diagnosis is essentially the exhaust cam is currently stuck solid and is either caused from it seizing and stripping the bolt or the bolt coming undone. When they put the timing tool on one was perpendicular to the other. Bit of an odd one tbh belts were done a year ago and it just had an oil/filter service.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So the work to get this back on the road has been agreed now and I feel a bit sick 😔😅

Just some shite luck I guess but very odd also that on only 80k the exhaust cam seized for no apparent reason.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So the work to get this back on the road has been agreed now and I feel a bit sick 😔😅

Just some shite luck I guess but very odd also that on only 80k the exhaust cam seized for no apparent reason.

Gutted it’s going to cost you dough mate but happy you’re going to save it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah if I sold it as a non runner then I'd probably be worse off in the long run. I am gutted too though just not much can do really.
They aren’t decreasing in value.

Thats what I tell myself anyway, after the £3.5k bill I’ve just had for mine…

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
As Ron says, glad you're fixing it mate 👍 it's deffo worth saving.

You having another engine dropped in, or having that one repaired? May aswell drop some 197 cams in while you're there.....🤔