ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How hard!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Right im looking into getting a williams engine and fully rebuilding it and getting cams pullyes, head work etc done.

How difficult is it to do work like this with out the engine in the car?

What sort of tools equipment am i looking at needing to use? Got some quotes and it just the laour thats a killer?

Any help, info, advice would be much apreciated!

Cheers Tom-m

Revels Mum & Sister

I believe you need a tool to depress the springs on the valves to allow removal!!!!

As for headwork. Dont bother unless you know what ur doing

Contact BENR he is a whizz with heads and will do you a good deal matey!

Labour will allways be the Killer

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Riplash: Cheers mate.

Yer i dont think i would attemp headwork. Just wondered if fitting cams etc are really that hard. If i could do a bit of work to save a bit of money

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its just the top end of the engine you plan to rebuild then you can do it with the engine in.if you were going to rebuild the bottem end as well then i would take the engine out to make it easier.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Think is i was going to get another engine so though would be easier to work on with it out. Can sit in the warm and do it instead of standing over the car!

What sort of things would you say were possible to do yourself?

If your doing everything and know what to do then its easy, engines are mechanically complicated.

But dont suppose you do if your asking what tools are needed.

And its much easier working on it outide of the engine bay.