ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How is it done?

Megane RS 275 Trophy
Hi I can't give this a title because I don't know what its called!!!!

I once saw a image that had a guy jumping off a sand dune and he was in the image 3 times, starting his jump , in mid air then landing.

Can somebody let me know the name of the technique then I can look it up and find out how it was done?

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject,
Billy

LY 182 FF CUPPED
its the bloke jumping off the sand dune technique lol

On a serious note it is fairly easy.
As said ^^^^ you need a Tripod, camera....and a fast finger.

On the count of 3...ask them to jump, run ,fly etc....just before launch off take a shot, then periodicalyy throughout the movement continue to take shots.
Depending on your camera setup you can just set it on Continuous frames and blast a load off.
You should end up with several images of the same background but with varying different images off the subject moving from say "left to right" or "up and down".
Now the magic bit...you need to load all images into PS etc, layering one on top of the other.
Depending on your level of PS you need to work out a method best suited to your skills to rub out the specific layers - enabling the subject to show through.
I tend to layer my images then use the Vector mask method to bring them back through.
Although you are using a Tripod you still need to use an adequate shutter/speed to freeze movement of your subject, and maintain the same exposure throughout.

Hope this helps.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
erm... might of been done without photoshop!!!

if it was taken on film it would just be multiple exposure!!!

my nikon d2x can do multiple exposure too....