ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low do I go?

Currently on 17 inch wheels but how much should I drop? Will be changing to 15s.

Would like 60mm but I think there might be rubbing, so would 50mm or 40mm be safer? Only reason i thought 60mm at first was because people often complain how 40ish isn't low enough. Not lowering on coileys, too expensive for me. :p lol.

172/1.2/E30
You'll need to change the shocks as they were not designed for the springs, especially the difference in geometry and spring travel. 60mm springs will eat your shocks like Adele munches babies and you might have not enough pretension on the spring with standard dampers.

BTW: proper modifying is proper money, true story.

M2 Comp
BTW: proper modifying is proper money, true story.

+1 to this! Do it properly or not at all IMO. It's false economy doing things on the cheap, especially when it comes to suspension. Save a little longer and get something decent.

Listerine & Poledo
Get rid of the 17's and you'll make life a bit easier for yourself.

EDIT: Oh, you are going to, good move.

Yeah, new shocks will be needed to go with a drop of that magnitude.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i lowered 60mm+ on standard shocks, it does work but might not handle/ride very well!!

just save a little longer and get a set of raceland coilies, then you can have it what ever height you like!! lol

Thanks guys, think I'm going to have this car for the next 4-5 years so I reckon it'll be money well enjoyed.
What do you guys think of fk coileys?