ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many lambda sensors does a 182 have

Clio 182 FF
Basically the exhaust light is on the dashboard so I took it to the place I bought it to get fixed. He's plugged it in n it was a faulty lambda sensor, he's replaced it for a new one but the light has come back on. When
I took it for a service at another place, the guy said it was the back sensor not the front but the guy where I got it is saying there's only one sensor!! :mad:

Mk5 golf gti
there is 2, the one that was most likeley to be replaced is the one between the cat and the manifold

Clio 182 FF
the guy doesnt have a clue! ive bascially just told him on the phone that the guy who serviced it told me it was the back one (dont know if thats right) and hes just told me on the phone that there is only one sensor. hmmm...cheers anyway Dunn.

Mk5 golf gti
hmm maybe see if someone else can confirm if there is one sensor or 2

i kno the exhaust setup is different to the phase 2 172 which has 2 lambda's

but im sure the 182 also has 2

Ph 1 172
only the early early phase 1 172 have a single lambda sensor later 172 and 182 have 2 sensors.... personally i would of thought it was the last lambda sensor that would need changing as thats the one that reads the fumes coming out after the gases have gone through the cat. might be wrong though. the first lambda is just used for fuel mapping purposes for the ecu. like i said might be a little bit off though with the information.

Mk5 golf gti
excatly but its for that reason that it will be the first lambda as the 2nd is in basic terms just analysing that the cat is working properley

its the first that affects fueling etc

so it will be that one that causes problems if faulty

Da

Less
There are two sensors. One pre cat and one post cat.

As a quick fix you can swap them round.

There are 2x sensors

If its running poor, probably the pre cat sensor. If it still runs fine probably the post cat sensor.

Ph 1 172
There are 2x sensors

If its running poor, probably the pre cat sensor. If it still runs fine probably the post cat sensor.

+1 if all it is doing is turning the light on and the car is still pulling like normal through all gears its the 2nd sensor telling you the cats fubar

Mk5 golf gti
Sureley if the light is on then its the cat that's f**ked not the lambda

unless the lambda is giving a false reading which is telling the ECU that the cat is f**ked? then that would mean the lambda is failed

that is what the light means isnt it?

Clio 182 FF
I am taking it back to them and they are getting a tuning company to have a look because they have 'more equipment'. They have had it on the ramp twice and changed sensor for new ones hmmmm, just glad i dont have to pay for any of it lol :approve:

Clio 182 FF
+1 if all it is doing is turning the light on and the car is still pulling like normal through all gears its the 2nd sensor telling you the cats fubar

I couldnt tell you if its pulling properly cos its me first 182. But when i got it, it didnt feel as quick as i thought.