ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for 172 Xenon headlamps?

2003 Clio 1.2 16v 172 rep
How much should i be paying for a set of used xenon headlamps off a 2002 clio 172?

BMW M135i
Got mine for £160 but they were a bit of a bargain. Should be around the £200-£300 mark maybe more.
They're worth it for 160 but I don't think i'd have payed any more, still should stand for a profit when I sell them when I sell the car.

Do they look/ perform much better than the standard clio ones?
Do you ever hear of any peoblems with reliability of them?

BMW M135i
Not really, do hear of the odd failure of either the bulb or ballast. Don't seem to be very common, the bulbs do have a service life though were they start to fade. Not sure exactly but its quite a while.

To be honest they look the absolute dogs b****cks both on and off, i'd personally say there a big improvement but mainly in looks only. For actually lighting things up a decent set of halogen bulbs will do the same job (some people say better) without the bright white look.
Still one of the best mods i've done imo.

Few pics here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pih.01/xenons/

Have changed to white led sidelights now too which look way better than the yellow normal bulbs.

Last edited:
Thanks alot mate, your car look really tidy! I'm now on the lookout for xenon lights:D

172 cup'd extreme
get a xenon conversion kit they are around £90 look much better than 172 lights plus you can choose your colour