ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for window closure

How much average is it to pay for that feature that closes your windows added onto the alarm for when i get out and realise my windows are still down?

whick alarm have you got ?

if its a clifford and you already have it fitted then the all closure module is about £100 including fitting....

"Navy" N17 TWO

is the closure system for the clifford alarm called smart-windows 4 ?

what price is this including fitting? - im quoted £125 by the people who fitted my alarm/ice

Apparently the smart-windows gives you a one-touch facility on the passenger window :) but not 100% sure :confused:

Trev

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Tigger on 12 May 2005

Croak! :p

Anyone have the smart-windows fitted to a clifford?

I got window closure fitted to my Clifford Intelliguard 950 system... its a mint addition to the alarm, dont have to nag the missus any more to shut that window b4 she gets out......

had it fitted with the alarm, from GAP i got the price down coz of the alarm and i umd and ard alot until they came down... bout £90 in the end...from £180 something or other

"Navy" N17 TWO

cool
Is that smart-windows 4?

does it give you the one- touch on the passenger window?

thanks
trev

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I actually have a clifford 950 system with remoat engine start and the full closeure windows. and buying an cliford was the worst experiance iv ever had. i was spending near £1000 and they treat you like sh*t. never again

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 13 May 2005

PLEASE DONT GO ANYWHERE NEAR CLIFFORD
pmsl !....ive been there.....had a clifford in my mini....pain in the arse....also it ate a battery every two weeks !

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

ahh so thats the answer to my battery problem then, dam thing,

_simon_, funny but not worth the post mate.unless you have nothing better to do with your time. but im sure you do :)

"Navy" N17 TWO

erm - OK

I already have the clifford concept 650 and Ive had no problems at all :)

Id really like to know does the clifford window-closure give the one-touch feature to the passenger window?

Anyone know?
please

Ford Fiesta

new meganes with the same alarm as 182s close the windows when you lock it, doesnt it do the same on the 182?

(cant check not with car a the moment)

A couple of things.

Cliffords dont have faults as of such....

its all down to the people who fit them. Whoever fitted your eugeall obviously didnt have a clue!

coz they are one of the most reliable alarms on the market.

smart windows is not the same as all closure.

Smart windows is about £150 fitted and gives you ability to remotely vent & open ur windows and also it gives you ONE TOUCH FACILITY ON PASS SIDE (that answers ur question tigger)

All closure is just a module that closes ur windows when you arm it, but doesnt give you one touch facility and this is usually £80 fitted.

p.s. I wouldnt touch gap security with a bargepole.... Well not the ones around reading anyways.

If you have remote start then your battery will not go flat at all (unless of course its fitted wrong)

So you get one touch on the pass side, what about drivers side?

Does smart windows still all go up when you arm it though im guessing yes. This is very helpful thanks :D

If you havent already got one touch closure on the drivers side then yes u will get it!

just on all new shapes clios you get it as standard! thats why trev was asking about the pass side.

& yes with smart windows the windows will close when you arm it!

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 13 May 2005

A couple of things.

its all down to the people who fit them. Whoever fitted your eugeall obviously didnt have a clue!

Smart windows is about £150 fitted and gives you ability to remotely vent & open ur windows and also it gives you ONE TOUCH FACILITY ON PASS SIDE (that answers ur question tigger)

All closure is just a module that closes ur windows when you arm it, but doesnt give you one touch facility and this is usually £80 fitted.

p.s. I wouldnt touch gap security with a bargepole.... Well not the ones around reading anyways.

If you have remote start then your battery will not go flat at all (unless of course its fitted wrong)
Completely agreed with you there Connor.

I have a Clifford, and havent had any trouble with it at all.

I also have the window closure system which just closes the windows at a touch of a button, and it cost me £80 like you said.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Clellandmc on 14 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 13 May 2005

A couple of things.

Completely agreed with you there Connor.

I have a Clifford, and havent had any trouble with it at all.

I also have the window closure system which just closes the windows at a touch of a button, and it cost me £80 like you said.

Have to agree... people who moan about clifford are actually moaning about the fitters.. not the alarms.

They are one of the most reliable alarms on the market. The window closure is gr8.

The only complaint i have with it is that the sensor is not set sensative enough for the people who want a sneaky-peek in the car.. it doesnt warn them early enough sometimes.. Mind you i dont want it buzzing at everyone when they walk past.

The fitters i had were/are very helpful, if i phone the guy to ask a question, he normally phones me later to make sure i am happy...

Exactly!

p.s. ferret,

the prox has got about a 2second delay on average for it to go off, as in you gotta be looking through the front two windows (and moving) for about 2 seconds then it will go off!

However, about the sensitivity thing, you can set it higher, and i know how to do it, so if ur in reading then pop into my shop and ill do it, if not then pm me and ill give you walkthrough step by step guide on how to do it!

unless of course you already know how to do and just havent been bothered to!

Quote: Originally posted by NeiLD0wN on 15 May 2005

while we are on to it, whats remote headlight activation?
You push a button and your headlights come on, push it again, and they go off. Best tenner Ive ever spent I think!

lol.

and also if you get the extra bit on top of the headlight activation, you get what the new clios have got and thats auto headlights when it gets dark! quality stuff!

i was thinking of getting remote headlights... but seeing as mine comes on when its dark anyways i didnt t hink there was much point!!

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 17 May 2005

i was thinking of getting remote headlights... but seeing as mine comes on when its dark anyways i didnt t hink there was much point!!
What whilst your keys arent in the car and you are half way down the road?

"Navy" N17 TWO

I have the remote headlights and find they can only be turned on/off within a period of time after the alarm has been armed/disarmed

anyone know if there is a way of adjusting that period of time? :confused:

I think its something to do with alarm inactivity - sometimes I have to unlock the car (disable alarm) to enable me to turn the lights on :cry:

"Navy" N17 TWO

If i lock my car/arm the alarm and leave it for over an hour I think - the headlights wont come on until the disarm button is pressed :confused:
other than that it works fine!

just wanted to know is there a way of adjusting this?

any hints most welcome :)
trev