ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much RPM do you get in 5th

Hi,

All owners of 172! Tell me please how much RPM do you get in 5th.

Before I made changes to my 172 I come to 6500 RPM - 230 km/h on speedo! But now I have a supercharger fittet, and the car have 223HP and I also dont come over 6500 RPM in 5th!

Can some one tell me why? Where is a problem?

DEJAN

humm.. mine goes to 7000.. 242km/h all stock (long road:))

have you changed the ecu program? you can put the limiter to 7500.. (or more but not advised)

you can also change the total size of the weel..and the car will only do 7000 but will go faster anyway..

how much did it cost you to put a supercharger?? do you feel a big difference?? 0-60? vel max?? tell me about it..

I dont know how can you come to 7000 or more RPM in 5th!

I cant come over 6500 and that with supercharger and 223 HP!

But I must tell you, I am very disapointed, because the car doesnt go much quicker, as I can feel there is no difference at all!

I will make some pictures as soon as I get new front bumper!

I think that would be one day in next week!!

DEJAN

Clio 1.6 16V

Superchargers normally dramatically increase mid-range torque, but dont necessary rev any higher. This is due to a balancing of boost/mechanical losses in driving the supercharger at higher rpm. So your 30-70 mph times should be blistering if setup correctly but with a slightly better top end. All this is of course dependant on drive ratio between the crank and supercharger/ fuelling.

HI,

orlandopaulo: Can you send me your ECU program! Maybe is in England diffrent ECU as by us in Slovenia!

As I know the car factories use diffrent ecu-s for diffrent countries!

how can i do that?? tell me.. (mine stock does 7250rpm 1st 2nd 3rd gear and 7000rpm 4th and 5th stock.. what about yours???) have you thought putting the superchips program plus rpm limiter to 7500 (7300(light on))??

orlandopaulo:

Mine also goes in 1-4 gear to 7500 RPM ( limiter is set to 7500), but in 5th I also have the limiter set to 7500, but I dont come over 6500! There must be something else! Maybe is something else diffrent in my ecu!

DEJAN