ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to respray one side?

Breaking A 172 Replica
Hello guys,

How much should it cost me to respray a door, rear quarter and a wing in the same colour?

I have been quote 350 but that seems alot????

Thanks

Sam

Da

Less
£150? lol cost me more than that for a bonnet spraying. £350 sounds more than reasonable to me when you think of the work involved. You get what you pay for ;)

Breaking A 172 Replica
Jesus.

Btw this is following a little incident that happened earlier.

Went out for a spin...and took it a little too literally!

Sam

Monaco 172 2/468
Yeah sounds a good price, I paid £400 for the same job, but it was a guy I trust and he does a superb job, so make sure it's someone decent :)

Breaking A 172 Replica
Took a corner a little too fast. The back stepped out a fair bit and instead of slipping back into line when I stuck my foot to the floor it just kept coming round. I gave it plenty of opposite lock and managed to pull it back before it went round the other way. My offside rear wheel caught the grass verge and I span around in the road twice before ending up in the right direction on the grass verge 6inches into a hedge.

Brilliant.

So I got myself pulled out by a passing dude in an articulated lorry (of all things) and assesed the damage. Luckily I have only snapped the splitter but I have made one HELL of a mess of the near side. The front bumper, wing, door, rear quarter panel and rear light cluster are about 10-20% full of scratch.

I have been quote 350 for a full respray (and that is wiht discount as my Dad is their accountant) and they body shop assured me it would not polish out.

However I have now come home, given it a good old wash and set about trying to get rid of some of the scratches.

To my amazement they do seem to be coming out, with the help of AG paint restorer. 95% of them only appear to have scratches away the surface layer and not the basecoat.

However they are still noticeable and it is taking AGES to do even the smallest of areas.

So....fancy meeting up Jamie with your PC?

Sam

yeah course mate, quite happy to fella, save you gettin a bloody respray! where are you based again mate?

jamie

Breaking A 172 Replica
I am down in Lincolnshire (between Grantham and Newark on the A1).

How much more effective would the PC be than me applying alot of pressure by hand? It is just quicker or does it produce a much better finish?

Also to remove these sort of scratches would you need to use anything out of the ordinary?

And how long would the PC finish last for? Would it hide the scratches until August?

Sam

PC will amek your car look like new mate, if you can feel the scratches with you nail it wont get them out but if it is just surface marring, which will eventually come out through han polishing it then yeah the PC will get it out :)

depends how you treat the car once its done, ill obv protect it best i can but it would be up to you how you wash it not to incurr any mroe swirls and scratches. ill teach you how to wash properly etc.

you got msn lad?

jamie

Breaking A 172 Replica
I completely underestimated the cost...

What is it that makes it so expensive? It is the time element or cost of materials and machinery?

Sam

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i paid £600 to have the drivers side of my car painted, you get what you pay for!

I was going to say.

You would be looking for about that kind of price for a decent job.

Im suprised you were quoted only £350 for a whole side!!!

Breaking A 172 Replica
I have been to see Jamie (combine04) today and I think we are going to try and buff it out with a PC.

All bar one big scratch that has gone down to the primer should be fine and no need for respray.

Thanks for your replies anyway

Sam