ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Often Do You Stall Your Car????????

R35 GTR
less than a dozen times. i have had mine around 7 months.

I usually rev it to around 3000 while pulling away.

BMW M3
I think ive only stalled it twice since i had it. lol

And once was last weekend.... started the car when cold, music on loud and turning so wasnt difficult.

BMW M135i
Haven't done it in a while, though everytime I think about it, bang there we go stalled.
I'm sure i'll stall the new car a few times before I get completely used to it.

172cup
stalled it once...... infront of everyone lol. i have to say i haven't realy stalled any of the cars ive owned.

Got a company 54 plate mondeo diesel car and it stalled every time you went to take off. Ford said it was a common problen with whatever... but couldn't fix it. SOunded terrible on idle start-up

Clio 182
Maybe a couple of times, normally if my seat has been adjusted after someone tall and it's still a little far back and my foot slips off...

Monaco Blue Mk2
I see people that stall all the time and I just do not know how they manage it. I stalled a few times when I first passed, then was fine for weeks, then stalled it once when I had to slam on to avoid an accident, In a way I had to as I probably wouldn't have stopped in time if I'd put the clutch in, it was that close! Since then haven't stalled for about 8 months.

<EDIT> Can understand people in RS stalling now an then due to the heavy clutch etc, but these people I'm on about always stalling drive 106's, KA's etc.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Spooky this, I was actually gonna post a thread like this earlier today.

Had my 172 for 5 weeks now. I've stalled it about 10 ten times.

Dunno what it is. I never used to stall the VTS or my old car or my mother's car. I'd have thought a 2.0 would be a bit more forgiving for not giving it enough revs but no.

For some reason my 172 just seems to stall for the slightest under reving start off.

I've stalled my 172 loads more than the 1.2 I had before it. Think you need to rev them a fair bit to get them moving until you get the hang of it.

I still don't really like hill starts in the 172 as I'm always worried I'll either stall or going flying off up the hill from giving it too many revs.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I stalled my 172 a few times when i first got her. The only problem i have now is i drive a Citreon Berlingo [work vehicle] and when i get back into the clio i always forget how heavy the clutch is, at least the van makes the 172 feel nice and fast.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've only stalled a couple of times in the last 6/7 months, once on the test drive...

I think I judder sometimes when I pull away because I'm conscious (sp?) of what the car sounds like when I rev 'too' much and I don't want people to think I'm trying to show off or intimidate anyone. So I try to creep away a lot of the time, which can cause under-rev...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Every so offen, but my clutch petal creaks etc so it makes clutch control difficult.

Lots of Alfas
I havnt stalled my car for ages, however when I drive a later Clio with a electronic throttle I always get caught out and stall them really easily. :S

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
i stall mine about once a month, clutch is really heavy though, usually load music or in traffic and trying to take off in 2nd aswel. done it last week in the high street while looking at some girl, felt like a right tit :O

Golf GTI PP Mk7
stalled mine a few times when i picked it up, the clutch felt mental stiff after coming from a 1.4S. took the 1.4 out quickly about 4 days after getting my cup, damn thing felt looser than this bird i know down the road.

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
hmm i've never stalled the cup and in all honesty I can't see why so many people have trouble with the RS clio's coming off clutch!! not saying i'm the stig or superior in any way but i've always thought that this was a strange un.........BTW the missus has never stalled it either, wierd!!

Polo + Micra
i stall all the time as i'm either too lazy to put it in first or push the gas pedal when in first lol

nearly did it on the way home earlier, no matter how good your clutch control is you can't pull off in 5th

once or twice in the RS.

down to me being silly/tired though... i can actually pull away with just the clutch, using the idling speed of the engine lol. Not good for the clutch and dont get very far either...

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
i stalled this morning parking for uni lol its a rare thing - especially driving a deisel :p

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
never, even pulled away in second a few times and not got close to stalling, what are you people like, turn your music down and listen to the car lol ;)