ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Often Do You Stall Your Car????????

None
Stalled a few times when I first got the car as clutch pedal felt alot different to my R5 but never stall now tbh

Fiesta ST
lol I've been stalling a bit the past few days... I had a new clutch fitted to the RT and before hand it was really heavy and that is what I've been used to for nearly 2yrs now. Now though, its amazingly soft and light and the biting point is much lower.... so I keep stalling when pulling off. :D Give me a week or so to get re-adjusted. Can't believe the difference though!

VRS
stalled mine for the first time since i had it yesterday, had my choons on and wasnt really paying attention, my 182 is always a bit jittery if i try to push her too fast from cold anyway

SC 172 FF
used 2 stall the old rover a few time every month....had a really s**t clutch!

stalld the wiliams about 5 times since iv had it...got it back in june 05....last time i stalled it was 2day tryin 2 pull off with just the clutch :p

Ha, stalled mine twice on the drive home from the garage. Once in a queue on the M74 and then again when I tried to pull away immediately after :eek:

Not really done it much since. My other half thinks the clutch is really awkward - says it's sharp and bites high. I don;t notice TBH...

MK1 Clio 16v
Stalled both my valvers a couple of times in 12 months of driving, although they seem to be VERY forgiving when i under-rev it. I can pull away using just the clutch easily and can even pull away in 2nd without anybody noticing.

Pulled my clutch up and kinda didn't put the accelerator down as much as i should have and the car spluttered and the engine stopped for a split second then i dropped the clutch and it kicked back into action again! Everyone in the car thought i'd definately stalled it hehe :D

RS Megane DCi 175
I stalled last night coming out the gym.
Normally happens when I forget to drop into first and don't give it enough beans to pull away in 2nd.

D

dick

frequently set off in 3rd, i get confused why it going slow (..er than usual), then i find out why, (still dont stall it unless im a real rush and come off clutch in 1 swift movement)

sumtimes stall when engines cold and doin a tight 3 point turn in the cul-de-sac

wish i cpould get away with looking older than i do n id be straight down to reg vardy renault to av a go in a 182.

kind of ovious im not gonna buy 1 at 19

The Beast MK4
Havent stalled for a long time but there is an occasional one now and again when im not paying attention.

Renaultsport 172 Ph 2
Happens every now and then, more so with the 172 than with any of the 4 other cars I have had. Its usually after I have finished work driving a diesel focus all day, the 172 feels sooo heavy in comparison! (but way more fun!!)

Monaro VXR
Very very occasionally stall my own car. Usually when im trying to be lazy and move off with just the clutch. but done right it'll get up to 25 without me using the accelerator.

But usually i have a fair few revs on dont stall it that often do get the occasional bit of wheelspin more though but only a tiny slip barely feel it. Just moving off the clutch slightly too quickly.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
a couple of times, Last week when I was trying to get out of someones steep drive turning onto a main road. lol

Good topic!