ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How strange - Import??

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I just called renault, on the off chance of checking whether my bonnet catch has ever been replaced under the recall.

Gave them the reg plate, and they can't find any trace of the car, saying its possibly an import. Weird.

I have to call them back with the chassis number to check that way but thats at home, doh!!

Anyone else have these kind of issues when calling about RS parts?

Chelsea tractor
It probably just means that as RUK haven't sold it, the reg may not be on RUK's database. Nothing to worry about really.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Maybe thats why you got it so cheap....

as said above, doesnt seem there will be an issue. In fact, thinking on, there wasnt when I swapped the vehicle over to my current policy, lol.

I am a mong at times

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just to clarify, the only differences are...

Lack of window etching
Lack of locking nuts
Lack of Cat 1 alarm

It won't appear on RUK's database because it wasn't imported through their channel.

Some cars may have had this work done at a later date anyway.

It's no issue with the car being a parallel import. It's not a grey.

R27, Deep Black
This happened to my mate about a year ago, the garage took it straight off her hands again once she complained due to faulty advertising.

Betty Big Bum R26
I wouldn't assume it's an import just becuase renault have not brought it up on their database, if it's been on a private reg or something that could be an influencing factor. RUk are linked to DVLA, they pick up my car on the private reg when I call- doesnt come up anything on the original plate- although it did before I had the plate put on. I don't know if the independent dealers are linked etc as when I've ever rang Bury Motors or PGC I've needed to give the original reg.

Bus w**ker
It's a cut and shut.

Just take it in to Renault garage and ask about the catch, you'll probably find that they just take it round the back and swap them over anyway; did for me. Pretty much if it's manky as f**k and rusted, it's not been changed and you're going to die in a fire.

X

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
It's a cut and shut.

Just take it in to Renault garage and ask about the catch, you'll probably find that they just take it round the back and swap them over anyway; did for me. Pretty much if it's manky as f**k and rusted, it's not been changed and you're going to die in a fire.

X

Got to ring back tomoz, will see what the score is.

Also, I am led to believe they do a FREE 25 point check on the car :cool:

Listerine & Poledo
This happened to my mate about a year ago, the garage took it straight off her hands again once she complained due to faulty advertising.

I should have kicked off at Crystal when they sold me mine, they never said a thing about it being imported in any way, now any time I consider part-exing for something else I get screwed out of a few hundrew quid.

Mind, the bloke they had in sales then isn't there anymore, quite possibly due to repeated little things like this

RB 182
My 1st 172 was a Motorpoint import, and my current 172 is a Trade Sales Of Slough import. Both had no problems, fitted my own locking wheel bolts and never been bothered about an alarm

Doesnt effect insurance, just have to know the chassis number for Reanult parts

It's nice
I just called renault, on the off chance of checking whether my bonnet catch has ever been replaced under the recall.

Gave them the reg plate, and they can't find any trace of the car, saying its possibly an import. Weird.

I have to call them back with the chassis number to check that way but thats at home, doh!!

Anyone else have these kind of issues when calling about RS parts?
r8 mate
my 182 is the same
go to renault with the reg number, no trace of the car!!!
had to give them the chassis number to find anything
rung the dvla up about it,cause the log book says "STANDARD CAR" where clio should be !!!!
they said its a common problem,because renault didnt pass any details on to the dvla when the car was first reegistered
happenes a lot but nt to worry about it
its a right pain in the arse when i went to bullseye motors for some front discs/pads