ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to build an impreza rally car in 800 hours

M2 Competition
roof must bolt on or something, huh :D

Probably a carbon skin roof or similar :cool:

That was good! Odd how some bits seemed to take so long though, stripping and fitting the cage seems to be half that time, but they did remove most of the drivetrain/ axles etc.

Why did they not start with a shell though?

C

clvs2222

^^lol

looks liek they had problems with fitting the front bumper. went on and off about 4 times during the end,

top quailty work by the pro's. handly used any orginal parts of the car. except shell obviously.

BLACK GOLD 182
i rekon if we all put head togeva lads and lasses we could do it lol

*thinks of the film waterboy - "you can do it....make a scooby"*

BLACK GOLD 182
haha your the one who needs a car with your status on car so i rekon you should do it as your project next year lol

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Its a group n rally car so has to be built from a standard car hench them buying one from a showroom lol

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Unlike the proper WRC cars by ford. The WRC cars are built from just a shell aren't they? Straighter than anything.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
So apparently it took the guy at the start of the video 40 minutes to peal off the vinyl from the bonnet? :S

No the timer is man hours

so if there are 4 people working on the car thats 4 man hours of time if you see what i mean?

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
The roofs like that as the cage must be welded in so its the only way to get it in. The old evo was banned from one rally as they did not weld around the top tube because the roof was in the way lol. M-Sport cut out little sections of the roof, weld the cage and then repair the roof. FIA wont allow carbon roofs in WRC Group N spec. Plus the American subaru is a bit of a joke, you cant beat prodrive for scoobs!

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Sell them on or throw them in the bin! Iv got Two of Mcraes magnesium OZ wheels in my room because they were in a skip :D