ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to Clean the Alcantara

Tangoed Works
Anyone got any ideas to clean the seats? I have an 05 182, and want to clean the seats and get some seat covers.

Tangoed Works
cheers R-Jay, does the spray stuff from foot locker and others protect it like it does shoes? Or is that just for real suede?

106 GTi
The spray stuff maybe ok, as I know the dealers will scotchgard it as part of the supergard pack when people pay for it.

I have not used anything apart a damp cloth on mine.

Tangoed Works
cheers mate. just a bit off topic. i have a few swirl marks on mine, and i have meguiars stage 1 paint cleaner. I am planning to use this to get rid of them then clay it then gold class it. Will it just be a case of loads of elbow grease to get rid of the swirl marks as the meguiars product seems to be very very mild a cutting?

thanks

106 GTi
No probs - The Stage 1 is a chemical paint cleaner, so it wont touch the swirls.

For the Swirls working by hand a tube of Scratch X and some elbow grease.

Tangoed Works
TOP MAN!!, So what exactly does the paint cleaner do? It says on the pack it gets rid of swirls.

106 GTi
It may clean up very mild swirls but nothing much. It's only a very mild polish. Its mostly uses a chemical action cleaning action to make the paint squeaky clean. It will strip off any old waxes and sealants on the paint, getting you back to fresh clean paint.

Tangoed Works
Okay , thanks, so would you recomment Scratch X, then the paint cleaner, then the clay, then the gold class? Are you a professional polisher? or just seriously mad about concourse cars?

106 GTi
Wash
Clay
Stage 1 Paint Cleaner
Scratch X
Gold Class

Just a hobby - used to do Concours, but have given that up since selling my Pugs.

ST
Me lazy....not when it comes to cleaning the car....its all shiney in the garage as we speak...oh and Rich your so warm!