ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best products / way to clean black leather seats

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I've got a spare set of black leather seats for the TT. The fronts are a little shiny, so obviously need a deep clean. I've used autoglym leather cleaner on which suggests using a cloth and vigorous cleaning, leaving for 2mins, and then wiping down with a soft cloth.

Backs have a nice matte finish now, but fronts still a little shiny, drivers side moreso.

Can anyone recommend what to do. Another clean with the AG stuff? Another product? Some light sanding?

I've got the AG leather balm, but don't want to put this on before I get them properly cleaned.

DSC_1132.JPG
DSC_1134.JPG
DSC_1135.JPG
DSC_1137.JPG

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I used G Technique Tri-Clean. Gave a ovely Matt finish then there leather Guard.

Used on Black and on cream leather where it took out a blue-jean stain.

Years ago I just used to use the Autoglym stuff without any cleaning on many cars. Never realised leather was supposed to be Matt. Thought the shinier the better.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On every car I buy I properly clean the seats with a magic sponge and APC and then dry fully with a clean microfibre. It’s a harsh process but it only needs doing once and then all they need is a little wipe every time you clean the interior. You wouldn’t want to do it weekly that’s for sure as you’d have no leather left after about 6 weeks. 😂

But I’ve yet to find a better method of cleaning leather seats. It’s amazing the dirt it drags out and it totally transforms the interior.

mid you’ve got a home bargains by you, pop in and spend £1 on a bottle of Elbow grease and £1 on a pack of magic sponges and bobs your monkhouse.

Finish off with a decent leather feed. I use Autoglym leather feed as it smells lush and doesn’t go shiny.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
On every car I buy I properly clean the seats with a magic sponge and APC and then dry fully with a clean microfibre. It’s a harsh process but it only needs doing once and then all they need is a little wipe every time you clean the interior. You wouldn’t want to do it weekly that’s for sure as you’d have no leather left after about 6 weeks. 😂

But I’ve yet to find a better method of cleaning leather seats. It’s amazing the dirt it drags out and it totally transforms the interior.

mid you’ve got a home bargains by you, pop in and spend £1 on a bottle of Elbow grease and £1 on a pack of magic sponges and bobs your monkhouse.

Finish off with a decent leather feed. I use Autoglym leather feed as it smells lush and doesn’t go shiny.

Is the leather feed the same as leather balm?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I got given some dr leather cleaner to try. Decent stuff and like an oldey smell, nice. Suits the bmw nicely lol

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
While we're on it, any tips for cleaning perforated leather seats? I'm a bit reluctant to start splashing stuff on if its just going to run into the innards of the cushion.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

I took your advice, used some diluted washing up liquid and a sponge, then went over with a wet magic eraser. They seemed to come up fairly decent. Currently soaking in some AG leather care balm.