ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to program new virgin key?

172/B8 Quattro
The programming side is easy to lock and unlock by doing the hold lock button inside the car procedure, but not sure if it has immobiliser in key to work
I'd be interested to know too as I could do with a spare key

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i would of said you need clip. there was some where you pressed buttons and counted lights etc but that was years ago

I do believe you'd need the transponder coded at least for it to start the car. I've been on a quest to get a new key as mine isn't always disarming the immobiliser.

so far i've found out most locksmiths can code me a replica key with no Central Locking for £20. so i can open the doors manually and start the car. but if i want a central locking key - i need a v5, proof of address and ID and about £190. Which makes no sense to just have radio functionality.

172/B8 Quattro
Ah, so I could buy this key and program it for the remote central locking, get key cut and then give it to someone with a clip so car can start?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not trying to do someone out of money here but Renault are now sending key fobs out pre-coded.

You can still buy blanks which require coding but you can also order to VIN and it'll come pre-cloned.

NOTE: If you have changed the ECU/UCH/KEY set you cannot use this service.

172/B8 Quattro
Not trying to do someone out of money here but Renault are now sending key fobs out pre-coded.

You can still buy blanks which require coding but you can also order to VIN and it'll come pre-cloned.

NOTE: If you have changed the ECU/UCH/KEY set you cannot use this service.
But what's the price for this? And do I need to go to local Renault dealer with logbook and id first?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Normal price, around £134 iirc for a new fob and pre-cut blade.

You will most likely need to produce a logbook yes

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
still lucky at the £100 mark for me- order blade & go to master yoda to code for £75