ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to take front bumper off

Undo the two bolts under the car which hold the bumper bit to the subframe.
There two bolt facing upwards to get to then you need to pull the ach liner back (I personaly first time jack the car up and remove both wheels and arch liner only held in witha few push in clips.) The bolts are about 8 inches forwards of the bumper arch line rand face upwards

Then there two bolts that hold the grill on under the bonnet.

Then you need to pull the bumper outwards from each side a bit and it comes away.

clio 182 FF
I'll try Edde idea first if that doesn't work i'll try it your way andy_con ;)

Cheers

P.s.

How hard is it to do it in just street light :) I've F**KED my light bulb out and cant get it back in unless I remove the bumper

chauster said:
I'll try Edde idea first if that doesn't work i'll try it your way andy_con ;)

Cheers

P.s.

How hard is it to do it in just street light :) I've F**KED my light bulb out and cant get it back in unless I remove the bumper
You can chnage the light bulb without removing the bumper just reach behing the ligt to pull the bulb.

Sold the sport :(
Anyone know if the bumper has to come off to replace the headlight washers or another easier way to do it?

Si

172 cup'd extreme
JLO said:
fit a ibiza splitter on and drive fast through a bump.

thats how i did it. :( not by choice. lol

LOL i did that too went over a speed bump and my bumper just popped off

Sold the sport :(
edde said:
Easier to take it off but you can do it in place.

Care to elaborate? Got my hand behind the bumper but couldnt get to it - is there another way? Not tried through the engine bay yet though

i need an the black skirt that runs on th bottom of the front bumper you have any ideas where i can pick one up apart from renault ?

MadSi said:
Care to elaborate? Got my hand behind the bumper but couldnt get to it - is there another way? Not tried through the engine bay
yet though
You cna get to it fron under the car and from the arch liner but for easy take the bumper off doesn't take long.

cako said:
i need an the black skirt that runs on th bottom of the front bumper you have any ideas where i can pick one up apart from renault ?
Breakers yard.
I know the Ibiza one people use I've no idea what it looks like though.

1998 BMW e46 323i
JLO said:
fit a ibiza splitter on and drive fast through a bump.

thats how i did it. :( not by choice. lol

what were you expecting to happen,.. off topic i know, but sticking a slab of plastic under the front of your car (probably because vin diesel did it)... Puh-lease!

Cupra
MadSi said:
Care to elaborate? Got my hand behind the bumper but couldnt get to it - is there another way? Not tried through the engine bay yet though

You can also just undo one side of the bumper and not take the whole thing off. I did it the other weekend and aside from snapping the the plastic bolts on the top of the grill (grrrrrrrr) there was no problem.