ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to test injectors ?

I have a misfire and lumpy idle . Had the car on clip a few days ago and there was no fault stored so they checked connections of plugs leads and everything was ok for 1 day and then it returned . So now having changed the plugs leads and coil and no answer from clip diagnostic , how do I check the injectors ?

Do they sit at front of engine block on a rail ? And would unplugging them one by one when engine is running be sufficient means of testing ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Resistance meter is first way to check they still make a circuit at the appropriate resistance (around 13 ohms)

Next you can check the wiring is firing with noids.

Then flow test is the final step, send off is easiest way although it can be ghettod if you want.

So pulling them out and seeing if any make a difference isn't worth trying ?

Im in no way a mechanic so anything is out with my abilities

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
To test that way you would just unplug them electrically.

You can't physically pull them out as the rail would piss fuel out at high pressure.

Ok maybe I'm out my depth :)

its just getting a good mechanic to my house that's the problem , I don't like driving a car with misfire .

frozen white clio172
I'd suggest pulling out the electrical plugs individually. Listen for idle change etc and you could narrow it down hut for the price you could afford to get 2 I did mine and when I took out the fuel rail you could see which one was knackered as the other 3 were nice and shiny and the knackered one was a bit brown and gunky I got mine from renparts 32 each...

frozen white clio172
Really easy to change aswell 4 nuts, pull out fuel rail fit new injectors and pop the 4 nuts back attach fuel line done take you about 15minuyes to change all 4

frozen white clio172
Yeh as said just unplug each one individually don't take them out totally just unplug the electrical socket attached to each one so u know which one has gone. It will idle the same if u take out the one which is broke and probably cut out if u unplug one which is working