ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to use touch up paint?

?
I bought some in the end...

Came from halfords with a rather large brush. Whats the best way to apply it so that afterwards it will look good?

I normally put some into a lid or on a small dish, and then use a tooth pick or something similar to work the paint into the chip or scratch. Thin layers at a time. Don't use the brush, it'll all go pete tong lol.

Megane Trophy, Golf
MMmm always best to get a touch up stick from the dealers! they have the right colour match as its the original paint!

Audi TT 225
I tried the renault spray for my strut brace since halfords dont do titanium silver and the colour still doesn't match ;)
It will never be spot on, but silvers are worst imo

Clio v6
I found a problem with touch up sticks was the paint was just too concentrated to get a good match. Try adding a bit of thinners.

?
It is too thick! Is it safe/ ok to use a thinner on it then? Just as i started to test it out on an "small area of the car" it started raining!

?
Still finding its slightly too thick.... I mean i have to be really careful and put a little bit on because as soon as that starts to dry I have to leave it or it looks messy.

EDIT - Also, is it normal for the paint to dry a bit lighter than what it looks like when first applied? thanks.