ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How we used to buy games in the 90's...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Did anyone used to have a look through the PD disks (public domain) that a lot of shops used to have? You would pay for the 3.5" disc itself, but the software on it was technically free and would vary from being a utility app, coding software, music creation and even games.

The majority of them were crap - some abysmally so. Though occasionally a really good piece of software was given away. There was one drum machine simulator for the Amiga that I can't quite remember the name of. It was similar to the commercially available Dynamic Drums https://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/03/an-mpc-before-mpc-amiga-demo-dynamic.html that was popular at the time..... it just didn't come with the same price tag.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - I remember the PD stuff really well. I probably built up a personal collection to rival those of the day! Demos, games, applications, 'questionable' content, and so forth. I probably still have many of the floppies stored away at my parents. Goodness knows what condition they are in!