ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HPI Checks?

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Can anyone do free HPI checks free? I have just sold my car, and the guy whop bought it now wants his money back?

Peugeot 306 - P910PLW

Thanks in advance!

Astra - at the mo
Tell him to f**k off, should not have bought it if he was not sure about it. Also you dont know if he may have damaged it in any way since he has had it.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Well I have told him that i am goign to pay for his VIC test and sort out any problems after that, but wanted to kow if it would come up fo a HPI check?

Did you sell the car with a receipt for the sale?? ie you write a receipt saying that the car is sold as seen and get him to sign it along with yourself.

If you did, tell him to bugger off.

Astra - at the mo
taylor said:
its a cat C

Did you tell him this when he bought the car? If you did why did he buy the car? If you didn't why didnt he ask?

Tell him to do one, its not your problem anymore. What can he do if you dont give him his money back? Nothing. End of.

Clio_Smart
Thats stupid him asking for his money back.

He has signed the logbook and it is sold as seen.

If you do what you say you are going to do then you are going to be paying out to get hpi etc done.

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Back to the original question, I don't think you can get a free HPI check. I paid 40 quid for one when i bought my 182, but that included 7 days insurance so I could test drive it. Think you can get cheaper ones tho, but not free.

Clio 182
Back to the original question, I don't think you can get a free HPI check. I paid 40 quid for one when i bought my 182, but that included 7 days insurance so I could test drive it. Think you can get cheaper ones tho, but not free.

Unless you know someone in a garage

sold as seen means nothing, u need to write sold without warranty and accepted in current roadworthy condition on todays date etc etc or something along those lines

Pretty sure you should be disclosing if it was a write off too!