ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HSDPA Speed Test

Clio 197
Hiya,

Is this good for HSDPA?

731903939.png

Done on my laptop connected to my SEX1i, running WMWifiRouter. I'm on O2.

I don't know whether to expect better speeds if I go for a seperate USB dongle... or just to carry on running WMWifiRouter on my phone.

Listerine & Poledo
not the greatest, HSDPA can run 'up to' 7mpbs, but that's in ideal conditions (which dont exist in the real world).

you'll get the same results from a USB modem, Mi-Fi router or phone anyway, providing it's a decent handset (which the X1 is)

I use Joikuspot on my E75 and it works really well

Go cry to your momma!
upload seems reasonable!

I'm on T-Mobile, I usually get around 2mbits down and 400k up.

Sounds about right for HSDPA tbh. I presume you have the mobile broadband option on your account? At T-Mob they run standard 3G for normal phone internet access but allow access to HSDPA if you have either a modem or the MBB part added to your standard phone line. Im not sure if O2 operate the same policy.

We usually say between 1mb and 2mb when selling it at work. You would have to be sat on the mast at 3am to get anywhere near the advertised rates!

RIP Dan
Thats about what I am getting on my USB HSDPA modem. I am about 500 meters away from the mast.

The place I used to work when we speed tested HSDPA we got about 2.5-3Mb d/l which was pretty good. However they are way too expensive for me to use now.

It depends on what 3G kit they have in and how many 2Mb circuits are feeding that kit. Some operators use the 2G net for voice and 3G is data only, this will help as you won't get the voice user using your net with their incessant babble.

A red missile
I normally get about 2.2 - 2.5 Mb/s with a 3 mobile USB dongle, at the moment its running faster than the crappy Virgin Media ADSL the missus got, thats averaging 0.5Mb - barstards are throttling us.

Go cry to your momma!
Here's a list of my top results over T-Mobile's cell network..

Attachments

• speedt.jpg
    speedt.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 27