ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HT Lead recommendations!

Renaultsport 182
Hello! :approve: The first of many questions. My apologies in advance. Will try and limit them to one a week or so, to avoid driving you all crazy with my idiocy.

I'm in the process of replacing the coil, plugs and leads for my 182, and seem to have been supplied the wrong leads by the local French parts trader. The local garage will supply standard renault leads for (what seems to be) a pretty expensive £160 (€200), not fitted. Just for the leads. Hmmmm.... Well, that's french garages for you.

Pretty sure I can find better than that with the help of you fine people! Any recommendations?

172 Cup
I picked up a set of leads for my 172 today from Euro Car Parts for £12!! If you want performance leads then go for Magnecor. £65 seems waaay to expensive!!

172 Cup
We will see :)

Currently its misfiring badly having been sat for a week while i was on holiday. If they turn out to be terrible then i will probably splash out on some Magnecors but for £12 to get the car back on the road its worth a shot.

I have coil, plugs, and leads to change tonight... joy!

Megane r26
Bring on the missfires:)

To be fair I fitted a set of these to a customers 172 who didn't want to fork out dealer prices (even though I get all my parts off Adam muchos cheap) and they've been on the car over 12 months with no issues.

I fitted a set of magnecors on me old 172 and few months later they we're cause of a missfire, they happily replaced them but still all because they have a fancy name and nice price tag doesn't mean there great.

I personally always stick with oe Renault parts as there guaranteed to fit nicely and are of better quality usually.

Renault Clio 172 cup
It was mentioned to me by James at S&MWM when he did some work on my car that these clios are a little fussy about HT leads and standard ones are generally the best. I had some supposedely uprated silicone ones on mine and there was a little misfire just off idle, stuck some standard ones back on and misfire gone .