ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC sensation of HTC Desire S

Rav4
Hi,

My iPhone has had an early retirement.

Don't want to spend more than £400,

Which one would you go for?

Apparently the Sensations battery is poor,

Thanks,

G.

Sensation is better hardware and slightly newer, but I'd go for the desire s purely for the size difference. Currently have a desire and wouldn't want anything bigger.

Rav4
After playing with Android, I really like it, it's responsive, you can really configure it how you want, a lot more than iOS, there are some great applications on the market place. Feels like a really polished tool. The Desire S feels nice in the hand, really good screen and far superior battery life than my iPhone 4 had. Things like transferring files onto it and music is really simple.

Having now had both iOS and Android (2.3.3) I must say, that overall, I still prefer iOS. Seems like a more polished OS, it's very smooth with the animation and doesn't jerk as much as Android (Desire S) I also prefer how emails are rendered. (even though on Android, I like the way how you can change the views and how attachments are managed.)

Even though everyone raves on about Flash this and Flash that, personally, I don't care about it, and even if the iPhone had it, I would not be bothered. The rendering on iOS for websites is simply superb, nearly every website looks amazing, looks like you are viewing it on a normal screen, however Android has issues with quite a few websites I have looked at and additionally, when scrolling through, it doesn't feel as fluid.

Overall, very impressed with Android, need to play with it a LOT more before I can write it off (want to change work E71's to probably HTC Android phones) hence why making a real effort with it, however, I personally feel, that iOS has a very intuitive feel to it.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I have desire S and am REALLY impressed with it . Dosent jerk at all ever, and is really smooth not had i phone so cant compare but for the cost you cant really go wrong . battery lasts bout day half 2 days. Phone is well finished and well built would recommend it . Looked at sensation, better phone but dicided to get the buy desire S instead and go on a rolling contract . If i phone 5 is what everyone is expecting may well swop it for one but cant see it being night and day different and will probly cost 35-40 min on 2 year contract .

2014 Focus Titanium
After playing with Android, I really like it, it's responsive, you can really configure it how you want, a lot more than iOS, there are some great applications on the market place. Feels like a really polished tool. The Desire S feels nice in the hand, really good screen and far superior battery life than my iPhone 4 had. Things like transferring files onto it and music is really simple.

Having now had both iOS and Android (2.3.3) I must say, that overall, I still prefer iOS. Seems like a more polished OS, it's very smooth with the animation and doesn't jerk as much as Android (Desire S) I also prefer how emails are rendered. (even though on Android, I like the way how you can change the views and how attachments are managed.)

Even though everyone raves on about Flash this and Flash that, personally, I don't care about it, and even if the iPhone had it, I would not be bothered. The rendering on iOS for websites is simply superb, nearly every website looks amazing, looks like you are viewing it on a normal screen, however Android has issues with quite a few websites I have looked at and additionally, when scrolling through, it doesn't feel as fluid.

Overall, very impressed with Android, need to play with it a LOT more before I can write it off (want to change work E71's to probably HTC Android phones) hence why making a real effort with it, however, I personally feel, that iOS has a very intuitive feel to it.

That's a really level-headed opinion and I enjoyed reading it! On here you tend to get either Apple haters or Apple lovers and can never get a balanced view half the time. Cheers for the review, I'd love to see how the sensation might stack up with it being a slightly newer handset.

2014 Focus Titanium

That's a really level-headed opinion and I enjoyed reading it! On here you tend to get either Apple haters or Apple lovers and can never get a balanced view half the time. Cheers for the review, I'd love to see how the sensation might stack up with it being a slightly newer handset.

Rav4

Thanks very much.

I think it doesn't matter too much on the handset, even though the sensation is quicker. I mean overall it's really nice, I like how you can view the conversations directly from the contact without having to go in the text message section, but I guess it's what you are used to. It's so much better than the Nokia Symbian software, that's without a doubt and setting up exchange / gmail and all of that is really easy on Android.

It's personal opinion, I need to have more of a play.

Rav4
I have desire S and am REALLY impressed with it . Dosent jerk at all ever, and is really smooth not had i phone so cant compare but for the cost you cant really go wrong . battery lasts bout day half 2 days. Phone is well finished and well built would recommend it . Looked at sensation, better phone but dicided to get the buy desire S instead and go on a rolling contract . If i phone 5 is what everyone is expecting may well swop it for one but cant see it being night and day different and will probly cost 35-40 min on 2 year contract .

I think you should have an iPhone 4 for a week and see how you get on. It's certainly quick (desire s) don't get me wrong, but I like Safari how it renders the whole page without having to scroll across first and the format as to which it renders it. Both are great products, really good.

1.2 16v clio
I have the htc desire z and love it the flip out keyboard is way better then having to use the touchscreen...i have learnt that the letter t is very close to the letter g when signing off emails with "regards" no more embarressing apologetic emails from me haha

ITB'd MK1
I used a desire s the other day, and i want one to replcae my desire now. the few niggles there were for me (very few) are all ironed out.