ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC wildife or HTC Desire. UPgrade

I just rung three, as my contract is up to enquire about an upgrade.
I'm currently on £15 a month.
They said they can do me a HTC desire for £24 a month, or HTC wildfire for £19 a month.

I'm not sure what to go for, I'd rather keep my tariff around the same price as it is now, below £20 but I'm thinking is it worth it for a wildfire, how much better is the desire?

Also does anyone have any haggling tips ha.

ITB'd MK1
desire is significantly better, but i think it depends if you are going to use the potential of the phone's processor, better screen etc. Wildfire is an excellent phone

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
My contract is due with them aswell, what minutes/texts/internet are they offering you on the desire deal?

As far as I know the wildfire is pretty much the same but has a lower quality screen.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
No I heard there will be a Evo type phone coming out in Europe soon, so basically a bigger/better screen and camera. But the point is the Desire will be cheaper even if you just wanted to go for that.

I'm trying to haggle them down to my current £15 a month for the HTC wildfire, but they won't seem to do it :(.
The bloke said he'd give it to me for £20 a month, yet thats the price on the 3 website for new customers, so I'm not really getting any discount am I lol.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I'm trying to haggle them down to my current £15 a month for the HTC wildfire, but they won't seem to do it :(.
The bloke said he'd give it to me for £20 a month, yet thats the price on the 3 website for new customers, so I'm not really getting any discount am I lol.

I have found with 3 they are s**t at giving "loyalty" discount, they tried to offer me a great deal last week which I could have got as a new customer!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I have found with 3 they are s**t at giving "loyalty" discount, they tried to offer me a great deal last week which I could have got as a new customer!

Hope you didn't go with 3.... Apparently they are completely useless with updates. And people who have got a desire with them won't be getting the new 2.2 update for weeks/months to come.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
HTC have an announcement coming on the 15th, I'd hang fire 'til then. It's most likely to be the Desire HD/ACE or the Droid Incredible HD (hopefully both) but might be a Windows 7 phone.

I just cancelled my contract with 3 in the end. Didn't bother upgrading. Fed up with them lol, they're the worst network by far I reckon.
They kept trying to offer me all kinds of rubbish when I kept repeating I wasn't interested and wanted to cancel, but I guess thats normal.
Just got an o2 sim only rolling contract for now, with my rubbish phone lol.