ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HU problem

2 wheel power
does anyone know how to get a cd out of a HU if its jammed in. tried playin Busted last night and it swallowed the cd, isnt playin it or anything!
any help appreciated

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Look inside the flap and see if there is a reset button, you will need a paper clip or small screw driver to push it.
Failing that try removing the power and re connecting it.
If that doesnt work you will have to strip the unit.

2 wheel power
where abouts would this flap be? have looked but cant seem to find 1. would it be underneath the face at all?

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
where abouts would this flap be? have looked but cant seem to find 1. would it be underneath the face at all?

i think he means the flip down facia... "flap". maybe...

DO IT PROPERLY! Take the unit out of the car and get a screwdriver and open it up. Thats the best way. IF you do it right and dont break anything you might even get it working again. Just re-align it :) I repair in car stuff for a living and thats the best way to do it.

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
i think he means the flip down facia... "flap". maybe...

DO IT PROPERLY! Take the unit out of the car and get a screwdriver and open it up. Thats the best way. IF you do it right and dont break anything you might even get it working again. Just re-align it :) I repair in car stuff for a living and thats the best way to do it.

Oh well nice one :)

2 wheel power
lol, cheers mate, how do i re-align it? is it just a simple case of pullin it out and puttin it back straight

let me get this right, you would sooner take the unit apart, instead of just pressing the reset button which proved successful in this scenario? :S

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5

Yes I did mean the facia, sorry I wasnt arround to confirm, but it sounds like you found it, and its no longer Busted.:approve:
Why would you want to strip it, more than likely its a badly pressed disc.
Take a pencil and run it round inside the hole in the disc, that should solve it.