ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

humming and clicking from dash

Renault Clio 172 sport
hello all

i bought my car last night a 2002 172 with 26k on the clock and it was humming from the passenger section of the dash when the ignition is on (even without the engine running)

All the heaters work as ive read a few issues with the blower fans and modules, any one know if it might be something else?

Clicking-
when the wipers go on and off there is a audible clicking noise, its starting to annoy me, just wondering if anyone knows if its a fuse or i need a new wiper motor? - it all works fine just annoying noise

cheers for the help in advance

charlotte

JB

RB 182 Cup
With regards to the humming:

Check your climate control unit (its the big plastic part where the interior lights are attached too iirc) - it simply pulls down from the headlining.

You should be able to see a black cylindrical object/motor which is held in a bracket. Mine had a bit of sweet wrapper caught in a tiny fan that was causing a humming sound! You could also take a hoover (carefully) to the black cylinder in case there's dust trapped inside.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
hello all

i bought my car last night a 2002 172 with 26k on the clock and it was humming from the passenger section of the dash when the ignition is on (even without the engine running)

All the heaters work as ive read a few issues with the blower fans and modules, any one know if it might be something else?

Clicking-
when the wipers go on and off there is a audible clicking noise, its starting to annoy me, just wondering if anyone knows if its a fuse or i need a new wiper motor? - it all works fine just annoying noise

cheers for the help in advance

charlotte

^^^ - wow!

That's a seriously under-used motor there.... :)

D.

Renault Clio 172 sport
ok thanks, ive been panicking about the noises but after lots of research loads of people have had the same issues.

as for the relay on the wipers.. can this click be fixed or is it 'just what they do'.

Im going to investigate the humming further, hopefully it is just something caught in there.

Thanks guys :)xx

One Phat Clio
yeh ive got the samke problem, put the wipers on, near the passenger door, "click", "click" when the wipers have made a full wipe

turning up the music is only a temproary improvement. :(

The humming is probably from the climate control fan above your head where the interior light is. Waste of time trying to fix it as it'll just come back. The clicking as said is normal aswell and won't go away.

Only thing you can do is try to get used to the noises. If you've never had a Clio before you'll either fall in love with how it drives and overlook the rattles, or you'll get pissed off with them and sell it lol