ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I am back, but with a buggered car..HELP!

Well firstly let me just say hi to everyone again, since starting back at Uni the net has been just a distant memory. Now with many an argument with the people who own the house I live in we are now getting NTL. Infact its fitted tomorow. So I type this here from uni because as of tomorrow I will actually be able to check back once every hour (or so) opposed to once a week.

So here goes.

Over the last few years I have been the happy owner of a little 1.4 RT. I had no problems to really speak of. But recently its all happening at once. A wheel bearing is on its way out, but I am having to let it get worse to be able to find it, week before last my car started judering violantly and shaking constantly over 40mph. Fixed that, the HT leads where rock hard and one of the spark plugs was brown mush. They where less than a year old aswell.

Then to top it all off last week I noticed a large pudle under my car. At closer investigation I saw a leek where the coolent pipe enteres the manifold. Ran the car for a bit and the leek slowed then stoped. I though it had fixed itself, and it had. I was puzeled for sure, but I decided to take a proper look when I went home from uni and I had all the tools I might need. So I limped my car home driving like a granny. Got home, told my dad and he came out to have a look. We noticed there was a slight drip, but nothing major as the expansion tank was still full. He proded the coolent pipe and water started spraying out everywhere. So had a look at the pipe and the end was perished. Chopped the perished part off and poped the pipe back on. Still leaking, but not spraying. Took the pipe off again and there was a hole in the conector for the manifold. Problem is, it is the manifold and I cant just replace that. So I plugged that hole with some metal repairing paste type stuff and there is still a leak. Using my one of my mums small mirrors I looked under the manifold, and it apears to be leaking from under that aswell.

So now I am down at uni without a car, I need to go home to get it fixed.

Any ideas what it might be? and how hard is it to replace the manifold? Also, how much is a manifold for the 1.4 8v RTs (91)? and would I need to replace the gasket? Also with all those pipes around, is there any special considerations I need to take into account?

Paul

ps Also to add insult to injury my £250 pc speakers broke the other week. ARSE!

maybe try a scrappie to get a replacement?

your problem might be something to do with the vegetable... ;-) : "I saw a leek where the coolent pipe enteres the manifold"

/y0z

Yeah I saw that when I read it after posting it, but I couldnt be arsed to correct it.

I cant decide whether to go to a scrappy or not, after all it might be just a few month untill the one from them breaks the same way.

Paul