ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I can only start in safe mode?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I can only start my laptop up in safe mode and for some reason cannot do system restore? What do I do?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
How do I do a recovery?!
The only recent thing is virgin broadband, would this fcuk it up?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It's a Dell laptop, no Norton I have F secure antivirus crap.
Load up first time I get a blue screen, then restart it begins on safe mode...?

MY10 R35 GTR
i had a siilar problem but that was after the battery had died on me. It would only go onto the blue welcome screen then freeze. I just turned it off removed battery then put it back togerther and let it charge. After that I started it and it did a system check and all was good

The only recent thing is virgin broadband, would this fcuk it up?!

There's no need to install any software for Virgin or any other ISP. Unless you're using USB...

In safe mode, uninstall it and see what happens. That would be about the best place to start, I would have thought.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ive uninstalled all the stuff recently put on, still no joy?!

When you try and start in Normal mode what happens? If you see a blue screen then its likely a driver failure but your machine is not configured to dump and it simply reboots.

If so, in Safe mode do the following:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties .
2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
3. Clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure, and then click OK

Restart the machine and see if it displays a STOP screen, this may indicate a driver. If so you can disable it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've managed to start at last good configuration or something, but won't onnect to thenet now?
Just started in safe mode and no net again, help?! It won't find the woreless network, but im using it now on another laptop...?!

Porsche Boxster
assume you are trying to connect wirelessly? have you tried plugging in via an inthernet cable to see if it will connect?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ what does it mean if it does connect through the cable?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Bump?
I wouldn't connect via the cable either, it just won't recognise the wireless internet signal?! help!

Porsche Boxster
take a standard network cable (RJ45) stick it in the back of your router/modem and then plug it into the network port on your PC - if that doesn't even connect, there is no way your wireless will work

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Mikey, I tried that and nothing, just got my dads old wireless network card out, installed that and everything is working again, not sure why but it works so I'm happy!