ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I couldnt resist...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
my return to valver ownership. Love the fact i have a new project...next step, F7R for sure. Then much more...haha! Gotta try and better my old one..if thats possible...:(

DSC00111.jpg

Welcome back fella, to beat or even get close to your old one is a tall order as it was such a nice example, good luck with the project.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah should be alright. Going to take it up my mates unit and sort it right out. We're semi tempted to repaint it white including the interior, buckets etc like a proper track car but we'll see...lol

Ahh my old beast...

clo8.gif

This is the task...lol

engine3.gif

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
foooking sweet

i need to come down and see this...

if you potentially need a hand with much over the next few weeks i should be off work for quite a while, although will only have 1 hand to help with and will need collecting...lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll let you know buddy. :D Why you didnt hybrid your old one is beyond me...haha

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah its alright. A few bit and bobs need doing. White, red cage, decked and red R19 wheels is playing on my mind though...lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The thing is its going to be my daily car too so i'm going to have to drive it round mid work. I'll look like a right carny...lol

Tungy
Nice one mate. Good to see someone can go from a much more powerful car like an SX and come back to a valver. I think some of the Mk2 lads underestimate us minority ;). I think you should build up a high spec engine on a stand, and spend your time with it ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep once i have a engine it isnt going straight in. I'll do work on it first then drop it in. That way i can clean it right up and paint the engine bay. :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nah it wont be ready that quickly. Deffo next though...I've told everyone i know not to let me sell it...lol

I dont know whether to go through the hassle of painting it white though. May just leave it....what to do, what to do!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You've got 2 chances of making it as good as your old one...First ones nill! lol

Tungy
Nah leave it blue imo. If you want a white valver, get a white valver. Not worth all the expense. Personally I'd love a white one so can see where you are coming from, but I'm relatively happy with the tungy atm.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It'd only be the cost of the paint mind....but i'd have to do the prep. Apparently paint will cost 70 quid...lol

The interior is going white anyway...

Tungy
Ahhh lucky you knowing someone in the business eh? ;) EIther that or it is yourself lol. I'm throwing a few hundred pounds at mine in the next couple of weeks! Gonna look fresh!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldnt dream of painting myself...lol

Ali, true. Its the engine thats the hard part. That old'un was a bit of a freak...

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
didnt your old bus hit 5.9 to 60? sure there was a thread with a the gtec meter beeming the sub 6 second time.

good luck, if you get it beyond the last one, that will be some achievement

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep could get consistant sub 6's. Its ran a 14.0 at santa pod too. Yeah its all about taking my time. I'm really in no rush and won't intend to sell it until i'm an old man...lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really not sure what i'll do different to be sure. The basics will be the same obviously. I'm going to sit down and plan. With regards to what to do first..i'm going to strip the interior down, and paint the interior first. I've got some buckets and harnesses so they've got to go in. Also i've found some rust i've got to treat. Once i have the f7r, i'll prep it for paint. :) or though i keep getting semi tempted to keep it 449 but blow it over?!