ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Dont like my Macbook Pro

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I Cherish it :D

Just arrived and first time I have used an Apple OS so taking some getting used to but it is great so far

Iceberg Ph1
I kinda miss my iMac and the Apple OS.. :dapprove: I would buy another if I had another £1400 knocking about! lol..

You will get use to it in no time! Such a simple OS!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Still waiting for mine to turn up. I ordered it like 5 days ago :(
How long do they normally take when you customise the spec? It said it ships in 3 days and can take a further 3-7 days to be delivered by the courier. The order confirmation suggests it'll be with me by the 15th :(

DMS

A thirsty 172
I could buy a whole hell of a lot of Windows PC for the lowest spec MBP..

You could, but:

a) It would depreciate like a stone, whereas MBP's hold a lot of their value.
b) You'd have to run Windoze on it. As far as efficiency goes, Windows is nowhere near on par with Mac OS X. Linux is an alternative, however.
c) It'd probably be stamped out of cheap plastic by a bunch of slinty eyed communists.
d) Chicks dig MBP's IIRC.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Still waiting for mine to turn up. I ordered it like 5 days ago :(
How long do they normally take when you customise the spec? It said it ships in 3 days and can take a further 3-7 days to be delivered by the courier. The order confirmation suggests it'll be with me by the 15th :(

Anything other than stock always takes longer because they're built to order.

Not sure if it's still the same as it used to be, but built to order machines always shipped from china, hence the length of time for delivery.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
What do I need to download so i can watch windows media player files in safari. Website I wanna view uses them but when I try donload the plugin from Microsoft it wont work

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You could, but:

a) It would depreciate like a stone, whereas MBP's hold a lot of their value.
b) You'd have to run Windoze on it. As far as efficiency goes, Windows is nowhere near on par with Mac OS X. Linux is an alternative, however.
c) It'd probably be stamped out of cheap plastic by a bunch of slinty eyed communists.
d) Chicks dig MBP's IIRC.

Anything other than stock always takes longer because they're built to order.

Not sure if it's still the same as it used to be, but built to order machines always shipped from china, hence the length of time for delivery.

Ahem.... ;)

D.

DMS

A thirsty 172
LOL. I spotted that too. Didn't realise they come from China.
I won't be cancelling my order though regardless :p

I knew it'd take longer but when I was shopping on the Apple store and saw the "Ships within 3 days" compared to the "Ships within 24 hours" for a stock MBP, I just assumed that's how long it'd take to receive it rather than how long until they actually send it out. I figured they'd just take a stock one off the production line and fit the uprated bits manually before sending it.
Never mind. I'll forget how long I've had to wait when it turns up :)