ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I have Macro in my life (sigma 50mm content)

Monaco
I've had my 550d for abut 4 months now rocking the kit lens (aka. the Canon plastic, cheap, horrible, grinding-cog, prone to faults, single coated, doesnt even look the part 18-55mm) and enjoying it. Due to not really having any photos to take it's sat gathering for a while.

Birthday in a few days = early pressie from the rents = Sigma 2.8 50mm Macro. What a way to ignite the interest again! I'm completely in love. Sharpest lens I've ever used by far (doesn't really say much as I havent used many but it explains my excitement).

First shot taken with the lens; 11.50pm, horrible light, no subjects, no tripod (obv.), set on auto (w/o flash):

IMG_4940copy.gif

If it can do that under these conditions, bring on my first proper shoot with it!

I should also add; the weight of it is perfect, feels great, auto focus is quick and precise - general good vibes from the thing.

//First time posting in the photography section

clio 182 black /gold
What a thread. Im on the look out for a macro lens. Im after a decent one for a Nikon D70s.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've not been into photography long and wanted to have a taste of macro so I ordered some cheapo £4.99 tubes from eBay and was pretty pleased with the results. Here's my efforts

6152850253_f3b95dab43_z.jpg

Macro Pound by bensambrook, on Flickr

The DoF is tiny though and I can't change my aperture but it's got me pretty hooked and maybe I'll buy a proper Macro lens :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ That's quite good :)

I have a Nikkor 60mm 2.8 Micro - haven't really had much of a play with it yet but I'll probably get hooked on it too

14' Leon Cupra 280
I think at some point every photographer owns a Macro lens, they are always for sale and can get some good deals. Once the initial excitment of photographing stuff in the house disappears people move on coupled wih the fact it takes too much patience and skill properly. Update pics as you take them...