ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i just got ass raped for petrol

M2 Competition
Gah, saw the title of the thread and...

Most misleading i must say :dapprove: ah well.

Yes, petrol expensive, etc etc etc.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I put £54 in the 172 the other day. Yes it was very very empty. 103p for optimax here

Black/Gold 182
I've been using Optimax and some Tesco's 99 RON, can't see I really notice much between them. Had a 450 mile business trip the last two days so just used normal unleaded. It maybe felt a bit slower but mpg was better to my surprise. Averaged 39.5 mpg over tow days of mainly motorway driving - and it would have been better except I thrashed it the last 15 miles (yes the 5K kick does work in 5th!)

In previous trips I've never better 37 mpg with Tesco/Optimax.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Lam7r said:
This isnt the tests i found the other day but just found it now, shows BP U lacking behind Optimax in performance applications

They tested a 81bhp clio tho and it produced 81bhp on both BP and Shell and also 81bhp on normal 95 RON

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=601&featureid=143&pageid=-1

You really do have to love those people on here that put optimax in their 1.2s anyway. :D Complete waste of money.

chiefsilverback said:
The fact that the service interval on the cars is 18 months suggests that they are not race tuned, precision engineered units.

Erm, the service intervals for the RS engines is 12k

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
just get one of these bad boys! A lovely company petrol card!

I just buy the most expensive i can find, plus a couple of litres of oil, oh and some bulbs, perhaps a car wash, rain-x, petrol can etc etc....!

Than they cottoned on, and now i can only buy fuel and oil .... grrr

Attachments

• AllStarFuel_Banner_trees.gif
    AllStarFuel_Banner_trees.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 26
Leeshez said:
Petrol is a ripe off.

agree, its all TAX these days, however if you think petrol is a rip off, Bottled water can be as much as £15 per gallon...just for water?
Beer is around £22 per gallon, mainly just water again......

makes petrol at around £5 per gallon seem rather cheap...lol ;)

Simon