ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I now know why they rave about the Nurburg Ring

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Got back about an hour ago, arrived 5.00pm Fri.
Straight to the track to soak up atmosphere!
Then at 8.00 ish try to find hotel, mate told us Ringhaus, but not on the arrivals list. :cry: Saw bmh.01's meggy in the car park on the way in.
After 20 mins we find out we are actually at Hotel nordsclife so we go there.
Sat manage to acquire a lap in a 'Ring Taxi' BMW M5 with professional driver at the wheel.
Lets just say no words can describe the talent of this guy or the fun on the ragged edge i enjoyed:D

Will continue with pics etc tomorrow i'm f@@ked for now!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'd pay whatever the going rate was! you get what you pay for in this world!

Octavia vRS tfsi
Buddy paid for a lap in the Viper in '05 - €250. Is it much more than that these days? Bloody haven't gotten over there yet this year, had to replace the engine in the Clio instead.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Got back about an hour ago, arrived 5.00pm Fri.
Straight to the track to soak up atmosphere!
Then at 8.00 ish try to find hotel, mate told us Ringhaus, but not on the arrivals list. :cry: Saw bmh.01's meggy in the car park on the way in.
After 20 mins we find out we are actually at Hotel nordsclife so we go there.
Sat manage to acquire a lap in a 'Ring Taxi' BMW M5 with professional driver at the wheel.
Lets just say no words can describe the talent of this guy or the fun on the ragged edge i enjoyed:D

Will continue with pics etc tomorrow i'm f@@ked for now!

Me and a mate went over last summer and booked a lap in the ring taxi........was even better when we saw who our driver was.....Sabine :)

I was there this weekend to. Only went to the track Sunday though. We had 2 Taxi rides booked and asked them to go out at the same time so they swapped lead half way though so we can see othe other one power sliding around infront at the same time. Couldn't believe it was even better than I expected, can't explain how good it was. Ours was just having a normal chat with us while he screamed around the track sideways. Guess it's all easy to them compared to their everyday job. Forgotten the name of our driver but he was 2 x European Hill Climb Champion and 1 x Class champion at 24 hour around the Nurburgring. The driver in the other car was the BMW Test driver. Who wouldn't let out any of the details on the new M5 he's testing ;)

Saw some guy's BMW M Coupe burst into flames just outside the car park. I felt for him....

When we turned up about 8am we expected to see lots of locals but it seems 90% were English who travel up at the weekends. Never seen soo many M5's, M3's, Nissan GTR's and the amount of Porsche GT3 RS' was just rediculous. Even saw an Ultima GTR. Saw some young guy (early 20s) who come all the way from Colorado in his BMW M5, saw him come off after his lap with every panel on the left hand side with a dent in...ouch

There roads are soo much better than our's to, was sad when drove off the euro tunnel to be met by the M20 :(

BMW M135i
Got back late last night, totally agree it was amazing! Will definetly be going back next year, thought i'd only saw the scooby you were in for 10 mins on the friday night. Wondered if i'd managed to totally miss you somehow.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the ring is awesome basically. glad you are enjoying it.

197 Albi S11AND
Was good to meet you Steve and put a name to a face! You had a right result with the ring taxi, Have you got any pics vids of us ?
Mike

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ your old man was funny:D

Heres one of you;

Nurburgring2009014.gif

Spot the idiot in the passenger seat;)

Nurburgring2009045.jpg

Our room with fellow cs'er next door, thats the half lap entrance in the distance.

Nurburgring2009003.gif

The crowd were pissing themsevles when this came by, not so everyone else that came across it:mad:

Nurburgring2009020.gif

The only taxi worth paying for;)

Nurburgring2009016.jpg

Will get some more up when i find my lost card hope it's not in the hotel:mad:

Steve is that appartment in Adenau behind the fast food restaurant? There was a Clio V6 parked in pretty much the same space when I was last there!

My mate was disappointed not to see a coach on the track - it seemed like one of those unique sights to see one on a racetrack!

Clio 172 RS2
ACHTUNG! Frau Schmitz... LOL

Yeah die Nordschleife is awesome, still a public road so coaches can run along 'Fast Cars'.

197 Albi S11AND
^^ your old man was funny:D

Heres one of you;

Nurburgring2009014.gif

Spot the idiot in the passenger seat;)

Nurburgring2009045.jpg

Our room with fellow cs'er next door, thats the half lap entrance in the distance.

Nurburgring2009003.gif

The crowd were pissing themsevles when this came by, not so everyone else that came across it:mad:

Nurburgring2009020.gif

The only taxi worth paying for;)

Nurburgring2009016.jpg

Will get some more up when i find my lost card hope it's not in the hotel:mad:

Cheers steve !Iv saved that pic! i look tiny! I didnt get to drive it round he said i could i was up for it then it started to spit so i chose not to didnt wanna end up with a very expensive bill Yeh everyone loves him his humor were so much alike its unreal!
The guys in the GTR were with us nice bunch of lads think it was a father and his 4 sons! Iv just booked my ferry crossing for the end of august to go again! I went out in the R26R the blue one what a car! think we managed an 8:30 Very quick and skilled driver! Also Went in a 197 cup was awsome handling stuck like it was on rails just very underpowered on some of the hills!

Mike

Breaking mk2 DCI
ferry booked for end of the month just need to get the engine back in the car :(

2nd time out there and it really is something epic!