ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE help needed

Renault Clio Mk2
Basically I've upgraded my head unit to a pioneer 360 bt, which is awesome btw ;) but now I'm looking to upgrade the speakers. First question is am I best getting coaxial speakers or components in the front? Am I right in thinking coaxial is a component but with an added tweeter? Also if I went component, would I also need to upgrade the tweeters separately? As my car is the extreme 4, I've got no rear speakers, so I think I'll just leave them like that instead of getting wire and everything for the back. And lastly is it difficult to install a subwoofer in the back?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Coaxials have a tweeter and woofer together. Components have a woofer, then a separate tweeter usually with a crossover unit.

If it was me, I'd do what I've done in mine...a decent set of components up front, running off a 4 channel amp, and a small sub in the back

Renault Clio Mk2
I've not even thought about an amp, is it really worth getting one? And how difficult is it to change over the tweeters on a mk2ph2 clio? I read somewhere I'll need to drill holes??

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah the difference is night and day mate. Tweeter change is a dash top off job, but its still pretty easy

Clio 172 cup
Just want to jump in on this thread rather than start a new one. Do the dash tweeters have crossovers for them? If so where would they be located if I want to switch them when upgrading the the front components

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just want to jump in on this thread rather than start a new one. Do the dash tweeters have crossovers for them? If so where would they be located if I want to switch them when upgrading the the front components
They've got a simple crossover on the actual tweeter themselves mate

Clio 172 cup
Cool thanks for that. Crossovers will need to be installed then it that case. If the dash cover has to come off to change the tweeters then I'm sure a suitable mounting location can be found