ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"I''d Like To Insure My £800,000 Bugatti Veyron, Please..."

Clown Car
Press release from Adrian Flux Insurance:

When Jeremy Clarkson drove that Bugatti Veyron he absolutely loved it. Valued at over £800,000, you''d hope he would. "Utterly, stunningly, mind-blowingly, jaw-droppingly brilliant," he called it.

And jaw-dropping just about sums up the cost to insure it, assuming you can find a company mad enough to cover its 1,000bhp, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and top speed of 253mph.

But one such ''treader-where-angels-fear-to'' is Adrian Flux, the company that claims to offer cover on any car, for any driver. Gerry Bucke, Operations Director, said they''d be happy to insure the car.

The premium would be £19,500, with a £50,000 excess. But if you can afford the Veyron in the first place, that''s unlikely to be an issue.

On the show, another insurer caused consternation by mistaking the Veyron for a Rover. "Oh, if it was a Rover we''d do it for four hundred quid," said Bucke.

R35 GTR
That's cheap! Most younguns are paying 3500 for a 172! How do they get their numbers?

But, i guess that quotes for clarkson only, cant imagine a 17 year old being able to insure this.

Mark5290 said:
Press release from Adrian Flux Insurance:

When Jeremy Clarkson drove that Bugatti Veyron he absolutely loved it. Valued at over £800,000, you''d hope he would. "Utterly, stunningly, mind-blowingly, jaw-droppingly brilliant," he called it.

And jaw-dropping just about sums up the cost to insure it, assuming you can find a company mad enough to cover its 1,000bhp, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and top speed of 253mph.

But one such ''treader-where-angels-fear-to'' is Adrian Flux, the company that claims to offer cover on any car, for any driver. Gerry Bucke, Operations Director, said they''d be happy to insure the car.

The premium would be £19,500, with a £50,000 excess. But if you can afford the Veyron in the first place, that''s unlikely to be an issue.

On the show, another insurer caused consternation by mistaking the Veyron for a Rover. "Oh, if it was a Rover we''d do it for four hundred quid," said Bucke.

R35 GTR
Taiko said:
A £50,000 excess ain't what I would call cheap.
1/16th price of car is cheap i think. considering higher risk of theft, crashing etc.

plus, how much do you reckon it would cost to add a few vipers and prospeed exhaust?