ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle Problem

Clio 172 sport
Ever since i have had a new engine fitted in my ph1 172...

When i release the throttle the revs stick at 2krpm sometimes higher... then when i tap the throttle from the underneath the revs go back to normal..

This only seems to happen after running the car for over 20 minutes and my car sounds like a tank when i pull up at the traffic lights... ahh

help guys?

53 Clio's & counting
choice of 2 things:

the throttle cable , very common, new cable reqd, pm me if you would like to know fitting instructions :)

Or

throttle butterfly slightly sticking,cleaning out the t/b usually fixes this

Clio 172 sport
choice of 2 things:

the throttle cable , very common, new cable reqd, pm me if you would like to know fitting instructions :)

Or

throttle butterfly slightly sticking,cleaning out the t/b usually fixes this

Whats the T/b Mate - Throttle body? how do you do this guys?

Is fitting a new cable a tricky job? estimated time to do? i dont have much time to do it now as it gets dark earlier.. can you guys give me fitting instructions?

Cheers

53 Clio's & counting
pm me and il write out fitting instructions mate, not difficult just fiddly

yeah its the throttle body, usually taking off inlet pipe and spraying carb cleaner into the t/body does the trick,depending on how oily it is mate