ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

idle problem

Clio Sport 172

Hi i got a 1.6 16v clio 2000 model and every now and then when i start the car it sometimes stalls straight away.

The only thing ive touched in the bay is the oil breather pipe if this was blocked would that be causeing it? or am i looking at somthing a little more complicated.

cheers

steve

Golf R/Leon FR

do you run your petrol down to its limit?

if so that could cause the crap in the fuel tank to block the fuel flowing, hence it stalling

Clio Sport 172

yer been doing it for a little while now running it to red then filing up could this then be the reason?
How do i stop it ive put optimax in now to see if it runs thru its fine when ure driving but just happens from time to time when i start it

cheers

steve

Golf R/Leon FR

the best thing to do is put some redex or similar into your tank before you fill up next time and it should clean up the tank and get rid of the crap getting into the engine.

if it keeps doing this it could be spark plugs if they havent been changed or cleaned for a while

Clio Sport 172

cool cheers mate ll check em tomora its been ok since i put in optimax but ll get a can of that red x stuff later n give it a try

cheers

steven

Clio Sport 172

it was sorted for a few days but just this morning its doing the same thing can anyone shed some light on this problem?

steven