ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle through Car

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help.

Sitting outside the indian takeaway earlier my girlfriend and i noticed the car was idling ever so slightly at 500, then up a wee bit then down again.

We could feel it through the car kinda bobbing about a bit and it feels like its not pulling aswell as it should a bit. Engine mount just been changed so its not that.

Anyone can help?

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Coil and plugs not long done but i'll check the leads.

I might just change the plugs and leads to rule them out since they are cheaper.

Thanks for your help man.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Just looking at my leads and they look like they cant be removed?

They run along the front of the engine then into a big taped loom, Dont look like they can be replaced.:(

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Thats for the F7R Danny.

Mine is the F4R, Single coil's with a wire with a small plug going to each then each wire is along these clips and down into the loom. They have a grey congerated plastic casing around each.

This problem is irritating me now,

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Its cool, Your trying to help, I appreciate that.

I had them changed last year along with the plugs.

Now it idles dodgy, Do i have HT leads that can be changed or should i just change the coils again with the plugs?

Thanks again for your help guys.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
I'd say it feels like it drops a bit when driving, like of you keep your foot steady on the gas, It feels like it drops yet you havent moved your foot.

But mostly noticable on idle.

ITB'd MK1
well i think it's worth removing and cleaning up the throttle body, but most likely one of the coils is starting to fail. I know you said you changed them last year, but i wouldn't be surprised by a repeat failure at all.

Remove each coil, one at a time, check there's no oil leaking into the plug well, clean up the coil and contacts, squirt of white grease onto the contacts, and re-fit. Worth a try before you start replacing them

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Will give that a try tomorrow then!

I tried removing the throttle body but mines is at the back of the engine and a nightmare to remove!

Thanks for your advice Danny!