ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idling Issues after Tinkering...

RS Clio 182
Today I decided to take of the cone filter on the car and either re-route it to the inner wing or to back to standard for sake of BHP. As it turns out, re-routing wasn't possible with the gear I had and I realised I had an appointment so just popped the cone (attached to the stock inlet piping with breather hose) back on. Started the car up and gave it a few light revs - all fine. Went back out to the car started her up, drove a few miles down the road and then at the first junction the idle was sitting at 2k (usually around 1k) and was slowly climbing to well past 3k! Turned the engine off and on again and had the same problem. The car drives fine and still pulls as it should but when I reach a stop or dip the clutch the idles bounce between 1 and 2k RPM. I'm going back out now to make sure everything has been replaced ok, but any help on this would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

​Oggy

RS Clio 182
Has anybody got any ideas on this? I've checked the engine bay, the only thing I'd disconnected was the breather hose which attaches to the inlet piping before the throttle body; all seems fine. The idling does not seem as bad as it was but the high pitched noise is still there. At first I thought it may have been the alternator, WD40'd a few bits just to make sure but after having a close listen the noise sounds like it's inside the inlet manifold or somewhere towards the fuel rail. I did the ignition and stalk button and that threw a 't' fault which I believe is injector? I'm absolutely out of ideas now, but the fact that this only started after I had the filter off is a bit too much of a coincidence for me...

Cheers,

​Oggy