ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If anyone can help...ICE install

Hello

I want to replace the audio in my (sorry) Toyota Anensis and noone on the Toyota site has been able to help, so I figured I'd throw down the challenge to you guys and see if you could help out a former CS member.

Basicially the factory HU is a tape/cd, double din combo (yuk) with no MP3. I want something similar to the Clio (Kenwood KDC-W808) but there is no fascia adaptor availble. The factory unit is built in to the trim which is alumium effect.

Any ideas? The only solution I can think of is to have a fascia trim made up custom out of matching allumium??? Anyone know of anyone to do this?

2006 Toyota Avensis 1.8vvti T3-x (2004-2006 model)

Help appreciated and Happy New Year to everyone.

DM

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You can get aftermarket double DIN units or try Toyota themselves, they make have afascia adapter sepcific for it. Probably have to take most of the dash out to take the stereo out!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
re wire the new head unit so it fits in the glove box insted of the dash, also by leaving the original one in the dash deterrs thiefs

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Your best bet is to find out what this car is sold as in the USA, and order one from there. Most of the UK suppliers get their kits from the US.

This site belongs to one of the biggest suppliers and if you look at the kits for the Toyota's that I have flagged up, they must be close.

http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=5

The CES is on in Las Vegas at the moment and Scosche always launch new product at the show.

This must be very close..
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=5&ItemID=TA2058B

The car isn't available over there, the Camry is the closest thing to an Avensis I believe and the dash trim look VERY close on the picture. I've emailed them to see if they know whether it will fit and failing that I may order it and see.

Thanks for that, it looks hopeful!

lol, I've got two outstanding emails now with US companies. The Camry item looks like a near miss unfortunately, not quite the right shape...

The other option I'm now looking at is an MP3 autochanger adaptor and amping the factory HU through an equaliser.

I've had no response to my enquiries regarding fabrication of bespoke adaptor.

I'll keep you all informed :)