ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had the choice...

Theory pace from slowest to quickest;

182Cup
182Trophy
172Cup

Ability/agility?

182/Cup/Cupped
172Cup
182Trophy

All within tenths on roads, and all great fun to drive. The cream is obviously the Trophy if you can live with the colour.

Agree with above... get the trophy if you have the cash otherwise if you dont mind not having climate etc then get a 172 cup and keep the change .

Reeeeeeeeet,

As I don't currently own an RS Clio Im going to be looking to get one early next year at long last... however there is a problem...:S

How on earth am I meant to decide between =

1. 172 Cup
2. 182 Full Fat
3. Trophy (at a heftier price though)
4. V6 (if I suddenly win a nice cash sum)

I like the idea of the fully loaded full fat, but like the more 'race' appeal sported by both the 172 Cup and the 182 Trophy. The V6 is more of a dream at the mo, Im 21 next year also so insurance would be rapeage :dapprove: .

What would you go for???

Cheers, Tom

trophy :eek:

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
172 ph1- alittle old (therefore more owners and millage), beautiful front end, rear end looks shite, prices at the time i was looking was about 4-6 grand.

172 ph2 ff - newer shape, better looks IMO on average fewer owners etc abs the works and about 5-7 geand at the time.

172 cup - best at crashing yes.

182 cup / ff - best lookin, again newer, better lookin rear, and cup packs are a plus 9-10 grand..

trophy - out of bounds.

i chose the ph2 172 ff because theres not much i think a 0.5 sec different on pace. I found one for £5.5 and saved quite a bit :) but if i had the 8k id get a 182 cup

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
mk1 172. cups are supposed to be harder to insure from waht i gather on here due to no abs. plus cups dont have leather, just cheapo cloth. yeah they got slightly funkier spoiler but wats 0.1 of a second faster when ur missin the nice touches of a full fat.

V70 d5 beast
i'm going for a mr2 172 ff if i can find a good one at the time as once you put coilovers and exhuast and air filter and a chip it will handle as good as the cup and be just as quick,

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
more to the question, how can a 21 yr old afford a trophy? @ 11k

baffles me.....

172 Cup

What a stupid f**king comment! The thing with the Cup is, it deserves a certain respect, it has no ABS, we all bloody know this, it's the ones that forget and drive like t***s who end up in trouble.

172 cup, cheaper, and the most hardcore.. i reckon the 182s are better looking (exhaust and wheels), and i cant stand the trophy colour.. plus i wouldnt want to replace the shocks when its out of warrenty either..

What a stupid f**king comment! The thing with the Cup is, it deserves a certain respect, it has no ABS, we all bloody know this, it's the ones that forget and drive like tw*ts who end up in trouble.

Totally agree, the ABS argument cracks me up. We see a few binned Cups on here and think it's a real life statistic. Cups get binned when they are driven by spanners, as do all cars - ABS equipped or otherwise. I'd be willing to bet that there are as many 182s wrecked every day of the week. Furthermore, the ABS in my 182 is funking annoying when pressing hard, because it panics long before there is a decent level of tyre slip.

It's good in the wet but only in the sense that it allows you to steer around an object - but even then you'll probably still lose control or drive face on into a tractor. It does not reduce braking distances.

I don't know what we ever used to do without it! I'm amazed cars weren't just sliding off into ditches all day long, one after the other. Bang, screeeeeeech, thump, bang, screeeeeeeech, kaboooom, screeeeeeech...NEXT!

The next person who implies Cups are dangerous due to their lack of ABS, gets a slap if I ever meet them :evil: ;)

Clio 172 mk2
I'd go for the full fat 182 myself.

This hasn't got anyhting to do with the lack of abs....it's just that the cup interior is a bit low rent and they don't have xenons.

Depends what your needs are....I kinda like the toys in the ff.

al

ST on the way...
The next person who implies Cups are dangerous due to their lack of ABS, gets a slap if I ever meet them :evil: ;)

My old Renault 5 was dangerous and that didn't have ABS, it wasn't because of the lack of ABS that made it dangerous it was the fact that it was a Renault 5 and they are made from paper :S

M

M7CUO_V6

Im in the same boat as you realy tommy. When ive sold my v6, if i cant get insured on a DC5(which im struggerling at the moment) i'll get one, if not, im gona be after a 2.0 CS, keep that for a while then see about the DC5.

I want a car that i can have as much fun in as possible, there are sh*t loads of country roads around where i live- love um!

For me its all about the fun factor then looks then luxuries.

I drove a 172 cup and Trophy. Its hard to tell the differances in handling between them on a short drive tho.

I like the 172 cup think it the best looking of your bunch(standard), I like the look of the Trophy, in and out, but the colour isnt as nice as blue imo.

For me its either a 172 cup or monaco blue ff(change wheels and spoiler) or splash out and buy a Trophy, tbh your not gona loose much money on it either!