ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition keys! Are there any alternatives?

Renault Clio 1.2
Right lads,

I'm posting this as I had a thought.... Pretty pointless thought but nether the less may prove to be informative.

Are there any ignition key/key fob alternatives?
Any mods done?

I only ask this as the original key is pretty bland and boring! I've see it done on other cars keys but none for the beloved Clio!!!

Anyone got any info?

Cheers

Renault Clio 1.2
I've not seen anything myself. After all it's just a key to a cheap car ;)

yeah I know it's cheap but Peugeot are cheaper and they have better keys lol. that shouldn't be an excuse for renaults lack of design. I doesn't really matter I was just wondering if there was any MOD's.

Mx5
I know there's a couple of alarm systems that come with flip keys that you can get cut. But the clios alarms are paired with the fobs arnt they?

can do what you like if you have enough money to spend. to redesign the whole ignition system new alarm etc will probably cost more than youd be willing to spend.

you could rig the starter up to a button, but youd have to but the key in still lol.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
615x330_screwdriver_key_in_use1-580x435.jpg

http://www.shortlist.com/cool-stuff/design/the-screwdriver-car-key

Have a go at that.