ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Illegal Number Plates

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

My Clio currently has illegal numberplates. (Supplied like that by the dealer I bought it off).

Just wondered what the penalty is if the police decide to have a word for it? The font is entirely illegal.

They look good, but I want to know if its worth not getting some legal ones. How much would they set me back, and wheres the best place to go?

So many questions I know!

hi matey, i can do you a standard legal front and rear set of plates for £20 including delivery

pm me if ur interested

[Edited by sbmbailey on 21 January 2005 at 8:56pm]

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

plates in halfords are £13 each...i think....IMHO id get some...its not worth the possibility of have the plates taken away and having to buy a new one

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

Yeah I read about your fine mate.

What I was getting at though - can you get points for an illegal plate? Not too worried about a fine the one time...

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

"Letters or figures of a particular style, eg computer or sloped are not to be regarded a reason for rejection unless they are likely to be misread"

Very good. Thats how my car passed its MOT today then!

But what about PC Plod?

Volvo S60 T5

they have to follow the same rules as I do when MOT testing as far as I know.

Any kind police officer to confirm this please????

There are no points for number plates only a fine, i got fined 40 quid for mine, they actually removed them from the car and confiscated them at the side of the road as they said they were evidence.

BMW E46 330i Touring

lol, cant imagine anyone ever getting points for a slightly dodgy plate, unless the cops a real hitler.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by no1girlracer on 21 January 2005

There are no points for number plates only a fine, i got fined 40 quid for mine, they actually removed them from the car and confiscated them at the side of the road as they said they were evidence.
I would tell them to fook off!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by no1girlracer on 21 January 2005

how did you get home or to a place to make them?

Ford Fiesta

eugegall yes but ive seen far worse!

;-)

Vicky B Henderson reg, have you tried selling her it ;-)

?